Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mould in weed? HELP

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by v3rt, Jan 13, 2013.

1. I just found out that mould in weed is like the biggest no go ever! Now I'm paranoid and am wondering what the white bits are in this stash I have. Is it mould? Any ideas what it could be?

Attached Files:

2. I see nothing I'd specifically associate with mould.
    Strange coloured weed there though.

3. Never seen weed that color before. Doesn't look moldy, but just plain unusual.
    I've smoked weed that probably had some mold content to it before though (super old pot) and nothing happened to me. Its best not to play Russian roulette though.

Edit: Upon close inspection of your pics, this looks like some awesome weed. No signs of mold still from what I can tell, but my god. What beautifully unusual bud.

4. Trichomes are also white

5. Yea I don't see any mold man, smoke it up

6. How would you describe the smell?

7. Definitely appears to have been dried and cured.

Is it dry and crumbly to the touch? If it lacks any moisture (other than that stickyness) then it likely isn't moldy.

Other than that, we cant tell you much more from the net.

8. Did your weed die

9. That does not look healthy...

10. actually it looks pretty good to me. i've seen some pretty weird looking buds in my years smoking.
    and this stuff looks like it will get you really high. mmm.

11. Appacoo gold? Or however it's spelled or columbium red

12. Do not smoke that shit. I grow. And that weed is moldy. i found some bud that looked like that among my stems/trim. I smoked it cuz i was desperate. It didnt get me high. And i had throbbing headache fkr the rest of the day.

13. i'd smoke it still. all you had to say was you found buds that looked like that and they gave you a headache.
    hahah.
    doesn't mean they're the same buds, i highly doubt anything is wrong with this weed.

14. Looks like powder mold to me. Some mold DOES look like trichs, but upon closer look is much more densely populated than surrounding areas and looks different close up. The pics aren't too clear, so only you can be the final judge OP. It does look suspect.

If you're really worried, maybe just make oil!

15. It deff smells like weed! And I smoked abit before from another batch of the same stuff (before not inspecting it myself and questioning if it had mould) and it was pretty good. Obviously I dont want to smoke anything that has mould though. Whenever I score weed in Sydney, I have to say it kinda looks like this all the time.

16. It's very dry to touch, but cant stay it's sticky. I know that stickyness you are taking about, sometimes when I chop weed all I'm thinking about when I'm chopping is, jezuz this gear is sticky, but nope, not with this stuff.

17. Yeah, also I think It could be columbian red weed. Check out this pic I found on the forum. Is this stuff hard to get or something? I recon this is the kinda weed I have been smoking in Sydney for ages. [​IMG]

18. Youre weed is moldy. Its,not columbian red its mold. Stop smoking that shit. It will make you sick if you keep smoking it.

19. Without a microscope, or someone being there with you, it's impossible to tell for sure...

A lot of people are saying it's moldy to say it's safe. I've seen plenty of strains in my life time, and I can tell you that weed looks fine.

Does it taste bad? Leave you with a wicked, deep cough?
    If not, it's probably fine.
    If you notice it kind of sucks while you smoke it, then it might be mold.
    Other than that advice, no one on the net here can give you a 100% answer, so use your best judgement.
    Unless you can get some good macro shots.

20. I smoked some the other night and It gave me a good high. Ive looked under a microscope and it just looks like the general white bits that is on weed. I feel the usual effects after smoking days after, alil slow not 100% with it but I always have this effect after. No coughing or feeling Ill tho.

I however have taken on board all opinions and have looked at pics of weed that is mouldy and I am really confused if its mouldy or not!