MOTR Light Comparative: hid, cmh, qb

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MomOnTheRun, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Yes, indeed it can though we only use it to feed the lactobacillus bacteria so it takes dominance...as this happens the milk (food) and the carb/starch water(culture) separates into 3 distinct layers:
    • Curds (solid white)
    • Whey with Lactobacillus bacteria (yellow)
    • Carb/Starch water (cloudy)
    When this happens, you only extract the middle layer for the serum.....the top layer can be seasoned to taste to eat and the bottom layer is tossed. To me, it smells like parmesan with a faint alcohol smell......if it smells like a dirty diaper, it needs to be tossed

Neither will I as its an awesome disinfectant especially when bleach cannot be used ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Brooklynn Sunrise - outside. Day 59
    August 5th (13).jpg August 5th (14).jpg

Blue Dreamatic - outside. Day 61
    August 5th (12).jpg

Day 64; Day 25 light flip
    August 5th (5).jpg August 5th (9).jpg
    August 5th (6).jpg August 5th (10).jpg

Day 67; Day 25 light flip; Day 18 flower
    August 5th (7).jpg August 5th (8).jpg August 5th (11).jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. :p Whelp, just scoped the inside auto's this morning....they look pretty ready to me so I will be taking them tonight. However, the Cackleberry's and outside auto's have a long way to go as they just started....probably about another 4-5wks

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Brooklynn Sunrise - outside. Day 60
    August 6th (17).jpg August 6th (18).jpg

Blue Dreamatic - outside. Day 62
    August 6th (16).jpg

Day 65; Day 26 light flip
    August 6th (5).jpg August 6th (9).jpg
    August 6th (6).jpg August 6th (10).jpg

Day 68; Day 26 light flip; Day 19 flower
    August 6th (7).jpg August 6th (8).jpg August 6th (11).jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. IMG_20180806_154555.jpg
    More compelling than my own efforts pitting a 400w HPS against a recently reconfigured LED system combining a 300w full spectrum unit with two 80w (replacing a pair of 300s when one unit stopped working). The two new 80s arrived in three days for under $60 and I can't tell the difference from the 300s with the naked eye. Bought in Feb, the failed unit should be covered by a 12 month warranty but time will tell if the company honors it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nice! I think everyone should do a light comparison for their own environment just to see for themselves which is better for them. That sucks about the LED......hopefully the company is decent and will honor it since its only been 6 months

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LOL, I just read part of that on the Blue Dream thread. How very encouraging! 65 days from beginning to end with a 400 watt hid! We are both, my wife and I, really looking forward to this run. Blue Dream is one of my wife's favorites so needless to say this next run has her name all over it. Anyway, you've given me a lot to look forward to on this next run.

It makes sense that the Crackleberry's and the outside auto would have a ways to go yet in that they're cold; but thriving and look like they are doing very well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Brooklynn Sunrise - outside. Day 61

August 7th (5).jpg August 7th (6).jpg
    Blue Dreamatic - outside. Day 63
    August 7th (4).jpg

Day 69; Day 27 light flip; Day 20 flower
    August 7th (9).jpg August 7th (11).jpg August 7th (13).jpg

Harvested the indoor auto's and moved the Cackleberry's to the middle of the cabinets....... the CMH girl took it the hardest with all of her cola's falling - definitely did not like the move so after 4 hrs, I took ~5 bamboo skewers jabbing them into soil to help prop her up. Lights then turned off so figured its best to leave her be to rest....maybe she'll perk back up on her own tonight - either way, full view tomorrow :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Brooklynn Sunrise - outside. Day 62
    August 8th out (2).jpg August 8th out (3).jpg

Blue Dreamatic - outside. Day 64
    August 8th out (1).jpg

Cackleberry's - Day 70; Day 28 light flip; Day 21 flower
    August 8th (2).jpg August 8th (4).jpg August 8th (6).jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I'm loving the picture editing that you did with the Crackleberry pics! The smaller pic inside the larger pic really gives me a much better idea of how your plant is really thriving! Looks awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good. I started doing it for my micro grow over at OG and liked how it looked with less uploads :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brooklynn Sunrise - outside. Day 63
    August 9th (8).jpg August 9th (9).jpg
    Blue Dreamatic - outside. Day 65
    August 9th (7).jpg
    Cackleberry's - Day 71; Day 29 light flip; Day 22 flower
    August 9th (1).jpg August 9th (2).jpg August 9th (3).jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Brooklynn Sunrise - outside. Day 65
    August 11th (15).jpg August 11th (17).jpg
    Blue Dreamatic - outside. Day 67
    August 11th (13).jpg
    Cackleberry's - Day 73; Day 31 light flip; Day 24 flower
    August 11th (3).jpg August 11th (5).jpg August 11th (7).jpg

I decided to finally finish building the stacked qb cabinets for actual walls instead of the tarp..... 1 wall up and another to go! I probably won't put the other wall up and add doors until later in the week though as I am pretty beat from volunteering in the VIP area at the HT Cannabis Cup yesterday as a self appointed water girl to keep everyone hydrated and like a true glutton for punishment, I am going back today :p

In other news, I have the tally's on the auto's
    August 11th (2).jpg

Blue Dreamatic
    • CMH: 4.5g
    • Hid: 1.8g
    • QB: 17.5g
    Brooklynn Sunrise
    • CMH: 21.9g
    • QB: 12g
    Smoke report to come after the weekend ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Brooklynn Sunrise - outside. Day 67
    August 14th (14).jpg August 14th (16).jpg
    Blue Dreamatic - outside. Day 69
    August 14th (12).jpg
    Cackleberry's - Day 75; Day 33 light flip; Day 26 flower
    August 14th (2).jpg August 14th (4).jpg August 14th (6).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nice haul! The rest of your girls look nice too.

Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Thank you! I need more practice with auto's though getting there :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'll eventually grow out the rest of my Dark Devil seeds, but I will not buy another auto again. What might be right for some is not right for this guy. I can achieve similar results (usually better) from a photoperiod.

Canada Guy's Outdoor Garden 2018

• Like Like x 1
  18. Same here....they are just so finicky. My micro grow is showing me that I can follow the same timeline as auto's just healthier and better lol I am determined though... I will get it down as it just makes too much sense to grow them outside in my cooler weather without worrying about lack of darkness. Plus its getting harder to move around without assistance but I am a stubborn woman lol

As soon as my ballast comes in from Arrow (ordered 3 but only getting 1 due to inventory), I will be starting 4 of 12 regular auto's I was gifted (Lowryder x LaDiva) to practice on in my new (ghetto) veg area...if all goes well, I will have a lot more auto seeds to play around with and re-gift to those wanting/needing the practice ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. A few days in the life of my most recent attempt at cloning.
    Image015.jpg Image016.jpg Image017.jpg

• Like Like x 4