Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

motorized de-odorizer

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by kbmukdk2316, Aug 21, 2009.

1. hey guys im new to the site so if this is not the appropriate placement or if this has been done then i apologize. with that out of the way, i have made a motorized sploof basically. what i did was take 2 Styrofoam cups and punched out the bottoms and taped them together to make a "deodorizing chamber" filled with dryer sheets. then i attached two 85mm 84.1 cubic feet per minute computer case fans to the ends of the " deodorizing chamber" then on the ends of the fans i put two funnels with hoses on them. then i put this entire setup inside a shoebox with the hoses coming out either end. oh and to power the fans i took the power supply out of an external dvd drive i had lying around for my computer. the device works perfectly, you blow into the intake hose and it carries the smoke into the "deodorizing chamber" cleanses it of the skunky smells and pushes it out the exhaust hose which is setup to go right out of the window only to smell like i just took out a fresh load of laundry. i can provide pics upon request (just to lazy to do it but if anybody shows interest then i will :) ) let me know what you guys think! i can even make up a how-to with common household items if alot of interest is expressed

2. Welcome to the city, and nice idea!
    Would you mind posting a couple pics for me? i may build one for my room, with cred to you.

3. LOL, we all know how to make a dryer sheet filter kid. And really, when you start smoking the real danky, dryer sheets won't even cut it.

Call all the headshops in your area and see if any carry Hello Neighbors, they are little things that look like chapstick that you blow your hit through. It's a real filter, as in completely eliminates any type of smoke smell, completely. A hit of Purple Kush comes out smelling like Jasmine, Vanilla, Raspberry, really good and nothing like weed.

$6

Order online, get an older friend with a credit card to buy it if there are none in your area

Hello Neighbor Blow-Thru Air freshener

[​IMG]

4. Epic find. I'm buying two.

5. thanks! i have to go out for my sisters birthday in about 7 mins so as soon as i get back i will post up pics for you. shouldnt be more than 2 hours so check back!

i realize we all know how to make filters i just thought this is cool because it cleans the smoke and pumps it directly outside but i can still smoke inside. neighbors have called the cops before so i need to watch the smells

6. For sure, i'll check back after my jog, Good lookin'.

7. shit awesome idea could you post some pics of the power supply? How did you wire the pc fan?

8. It was indeed an epic find, someone on a cannabis forum way back in the day (Overgrow) told me about them, and I thought the same thing. Turned out way better than my expectations, it is the freedom to smoke absolutely anywhere, ever, and never be noticed. Just cap the bowl so no smoke escapes, or better yet, pack one hitters to ensure no smoke escapes.

Not a bad idea, didn't mean to sound condescending if I did, and wanted to show you the joy of a hello neighbor. You can smoke anywhere, the bathroom at work, in your room, public restrooms, etc, you could blaze up in a police station if nobody was lookingand the cops would enjoy the smell. Convenient when you want to sneak away for a toke real quick, instead of having to make up an excuse to go outside, or bail.

9. I was actually thinking of making something similar to this but that is a full-blown toking machine... I have some Nickel-chrome wire from an old toaster i dissembled a while ago. I was going to make a contraption where you load green into a little bowl lined with the nichrome wire than close a door and take a tube to your mouth and press a momentary push button, and it turns on a fan to pull some smoke into a holding chamber and you suck it through the first hose, then you can flip a switch and itll reverse and start sucking and you blow the smoke into another tube and it goes through something similar to your device. This is all a giant idea that i wrote down while blazed. When you are a nerd and toke with electrical engineers and stuff you tend to come up with shit like this, rofl.

10. you may want to look into vaporizers, they are super stealth smell wise, no sploof or filter necessary.

will also get you more stoned with less bud

11. you needa go shank your neighbors. not make a sploof lmao. But, sick idea tho, i love beautifully simple/efficient engineering. great job.

12. ok guys sorry ive been trying since last night but my phone wont send pics to my email account and i cant hook my phone up to my computer. on top of this i have no camera besides my phone sorry...i will put pics up as soon as i can find a camera, again i am very sorry about this. just hang tight and check back soon and ill have the pics up soon. maybe even a video of it in use :)