Motorcycles.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by CJsmokeallday, Apr 30, 2013.

1. I'm really into riding i dont have a street bike i have an enduro (on/off) road bike and am looking for a bike but i know people out there have some nice bikes and wanna see or hear about em. Let me know. Especially let me know about those full throttle close call stories :devious::devious:

2. Probably not what you are looking to hear, but I'm gonna go ahead and write this post anyway.

As for myself I don't have a street legal bike. I just have a dirt bike at the moment.. but I've been wanting to get a rocket once I can afford it. My friend had a really nice bike until he hit a deer going 55 mph. He had to get a metal plate put in his shoulder and sold his bike for $2500 because it scared him so bad. Ideally I would still like to get a bike in the future because nothing beats that sense of freedom and the adrenaline rush of riding a bike.

3. Yeah i feel it. My rules are respect other drivers respect the power of your bike and be cautious because ive wrecked doing some real stupid stuff like wheelies uphill and just other dumb stuff. But i really like the Suzuki SV650.

4. My best recommendation is to take a safety coarse before hitting the streets. They will teach you life saving skills and get you an insurance discount to boot.

The sv650 is a great starter bike. Plenty of power but not ridiculous like some 600s.

5. Going out to the country in a couple weeks for the annual 'Badpenny' sand drags at penola. Theyve got a 1/8th mile sand dragstrip on the property. some of the dudes out there have v8 methanol powered bikes with nos and shit. should be crazy. will hopefully get some piccies and vids to post up..

6. First bike was a KZ 80 in 1979. Last few have been 2004 Harley Davidson 883 Sportster, which was the first year they rubber mounted the sportster motor. 1979 Honda CB 750 Chopper was a project bike I built completely off of EBay. 1965 Triumph Bonnevile Hardtail Chopper is what I have now.

7. I've been wanting one for so fucking long I can't stand it!. I just can't afford them. Even dirtbikes cost more than a car! It's crazy.

I could probably finance a 2,000 or less bike but not in full. Still, can't find a bike for that price. :(

8. I think you could easily find a nice Honda CBR for 2000. There are used bikes out there for about 1500 where I live.

9. I ride a 600.  Considering moving up to a 1000.  Doing some rehab on an injury I got while riding, so going to have to wait till my arm works propperly again.

I miss riding.  It is currently making me a little crazy.

10. I ride a street legal 2003 wr450f. finnishing a complete rebuild this week.

11. Yeah so I'm riding my enduro down the road the other day and I had to be going 80 in a 35 and the police come around the corner but didn't even look twice. I even waved :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Hahah good shit man! That's pretty damn funny.. glad you didn't get busted :)

13. 80 in a 35.........ride responsibly

14. It was a straight road until I slowed down at the curve toward the end. No cars around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app