Motorcycle crash

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by darydouche, Aug 8, 2013.

1. 8pm, I was peacefully listening to music while riding to my friends house about 10minutes away from my house. "I don't need any gear, it's right nearby." I'm going about 60 kmh, I see a few mopeds and a scooter in the distance. "Better show these kids what this bike can do". I come to the lights, rev a little and they seem to be enjoying it.

Lights turn green, I pull up a wheelie and go through second gear, landing at about 90kmh. Pretty empty road in front of me so I didn't slow down much, plus I could see my friends house down the road. As I'm going down the road at the same speed, a scooter appears to be in the middle of the oncoming and my lane. "The fuck is this jackass doing", he was supposed to be on the sidewalk since the speed limit was above 45kmh. I go to pass him from the right side, and as I'm going past him he sees me and swerves in front of me, pushing me on to the sidewalk.

I'm flying in the air, all I could think was "fuck this is going to hurt" and "what's mom going to say..". Then pain and pain and pain. I stood up to check what's happening but quickly fall down due to a broken ankle. The scooter dude was fine, he just got a few scratches, he had gotten his license a few hours earlier -.-

Everyone's around me, I'm in pain and an ambulance, fire unit and the cops show up. I got a ticket for passing from the right side and luckily that's it, I shouldve lost my license but the witnesses were cool enough to say I wasn't speeding much and the scooter guy kinda rammed me.

Enough bullshit though, a ton of blood was bled and a lot of crying. The pain was unbearable, something had gone through my shoe and made an actual hole in my foot, socks and shoe. My right leg was covered in blood and so was my right arm. I got off pretty easy, I only broke my ankle. Bike was surprisingly in good condition, I had softened its landing and it never really hit the ground, it just slid on top of me.

Wear your gear people, really. You'd rather be hot as hell and sweaty than in the hospital, in extreme agony and pain.

Pics (some blood and gore for you weak fellas)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. ouch.  speedy recovery sir.  good psa.

3. Damn dude, good luck on your recovery, since the scooter guy rammed you via irresponsible lane change are you going to press any charges? Its his first time and all but money is money.

I'm glad youre gonna be okay and I respect you a lot for wearing gear. Nothing worse than some fuckoff wearing shorts t shirt tennis shoes no helmet and winding out gears.

4. Thanks. Nah I'm not going to make a big fuss out of it, health care is free around here and the insurance companies are paying for pretty much every bit of damage.

5. i thought it was surprising that you were lucky to not get any more serious charges or tickets when the other person rammed you.

6. What do you mean?

7. Damn dude thats nasty. How long did do you estimate your recovery time to be?

8. 5 weeks from now I'll be able to walk without my crutches :/ it sucks but I'm still lucky to be only this fucked up

9. Ya, my friend found that out the hard way to. He was picking his bike up from the shop that was just a few miles away and someone pulled in front of him so he had to slide the bike out.

Were you fortunate enough to not have gravel in your skin that had to be scrubbed out?

10. Buy some better gear so you wear it more. I have a Icon mesh jacket that breathes a lot. Its almost cooler on hot days b/c it keeps the sun of you.

I hope you dont have any long lasting injures.

11. I'm happy you made it out alive n I hope you make a good full recovery.