Motivation Growbox DWC Hydroponics CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dank Ity Dank, Jul 21, 2011.

1. #1 Dank Ity Dank, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
    I'm using a freebie motivation seed that I received from the attitude. After a month or so, i'm planning on cloning this plant in order to fill the other DWC slots. At the current moment, I have four 6500k lights.

Right now i'm currently on day 3.

[​IMG]
    A lock on the front to keep the bad guys out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My grow case has a DWC system, along with a carbon filter on the back.
    Wish me luck guys! :hello:

2. Wish you the best of luck broheem.

People usually ask for more information on the grow around here. Like a description of your setup, your plans for the grow, your educated guess for yield, your desired outcome etc.

Anything helps.

Did you buy your DWC as a kit?

I've been looking into one.

3. #3 Dank Ity Dank, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    I bought this one. It comes with all of the nutes, a lock, and a carbon filter, and even lights. It's a pretty simple setup.

4. Damn, so yeah you pretty much are buying everything with a one shot 225 dollar deal..

That's wassup.

I'm a poor college student paying car payment - insurance and hospital bills..

I was thinking of grabbing one of these.

5. That is a very sweet website. You should buy some kind of cabinet to put it in.

6. Day 6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Significant root development over the past two days. I'm planning on starting nutes in about two weeks. :D

7. I still have my first bean I ever cracked trying to sprout through soil; but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to transplant it from the soil to a soil-less grow like a drip system or DWC we were talking about.

I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep that one or not for the simple fact that I'm going to be moving back to school about 3 weeks from now and if it does break through the soil (it's on it's second or third day in the solo cup and still hasn't broken through) then I'll just see how far it can make it.

My mom is driving w/ me back to school so I don't know how I will go about keeping her eyes on everything else except my seedling.

8. No way can you finish the grow in three weeks man. And don't even think about transporting it with you, it will be pretty big and very delicate by the time you're ready to go.

9. Yeah. True story. I just want to see how far I can get it..
    Its the first bean from anything I've ever been able to germinate and any progress is further than what I've done before ya' know?

I have a thread debating which hydro. system I should get. You should check it out and drop your opinion on in there. I'll add the link when I can. Blackberry moves slower than pc's on the net like most mobile devices.

10. It's going to be a really sad day when you have to exterminate her. She will look beautiful after like 3 weeks. Good luck with her, and treat her nicely :D.

11. I think I fucked her up bad bro.. LMFAO.

1st mistake - I think I put her too deep into the MiracleGro for her to push through with her little baby root.

2nd mistake - never put a plastic bag over the cup for extra humidity/moisture

3rd mistake - she was never heated and when she was, my heating pad has an automatic shut-off feature so the heat was never consistent. it would go for a solid 30 mins then shut-off, and only get turned back on whenever I noticed.

So I'm about to throw her to the curb, and wait until I move back out to school to get my friend to try something.

12. Day 27
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She didn't have a stable PH for a long time, and started to burn along with some stunted growth. About a week ago I got my ph tester and pH up and down. Remarkable progress has been made since the ph was stabilized, growth appears to be exploding. :hello:

13. subbed...keep the ph between 5.8 and 6.1.;) those roots look really green...:eek:

14. Yeah, i'm aware. Notice how in the first couple of pictures the top dixie cups are open? and the reservoir is transparent? That gives the algae light to grow. But as you can see in the latest pics, that problem is fixed. The roots are getting whiter and whiter everyday. And yeah man, a ph of 6 is what i'm shooting for. :D

15. Good morning brotha...good to hear things are getting better...:hello:

In veg above 5.7

in flower below 6.0

dwc is hard to start with but you will be better off in the long run. I promise. Have you checked out my bubblebuckets??

just a home depot bucket with a $5 lid an airstone and pump...ur gonna need it when flowering right?? you cant flower in that, too small, too much surface area to bubble too.imho. peace brotha