Motivate me to quit smoking cigs!

Discussion in 'General' started by Tonyizzle, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Fuck, I hate cigs but I feel like i have to have a cig after certain things like it's reflex. I'm down to a half a pack a day, but I can't get myself to kick it completely.

So I'm challenging someone to motivate me to quit for good:smoke:

2. My friend just kept attempting to ween himself off of them day by day... of course he relapsed hahahaha, but he made it to the point where he'd only allow himself half a cigarette at the end of the night...

I say try cold turkey. :p

3. They give you cancer and they're wicked expensive while doing it

That was my motivation to never start

4. I quit, and I can actually run without running out of breath in 5 seconds ;)

5. Just smoke some weed! Have you ever tried the nicotine
    gum? that worked for my mom. Then she bought like some sun flower seeds and some jolly ranchers to keep her hands busy cause she felt like she needed to do something because she doesn't smoke weed.

6. I'm in the same exact boat. I have money to buy more, I'd just rather not.

7. #7 Misc, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    I'm in the same boat dude; they've wrecked my body though, so the motivation is crystal clear. The biggest mental hurdle I've had is knowing that complete recovery is far off. But there are some instantaneous payoffs, so just keep in mind all the negative aspects, and reward yourself on a steady basis.

What Happens to Your body if you stop smoking Right now? : Healthbolt - Health News and Commentary – Weird Health News and Information

Think about it:
    A cigarette buzz lasts maybe two minutes.
    After building up to half a pack or more a day, your buzz is gone.
    They damage your larynx, esophagus, lungs, teeth, gums. And there are countless other chemicals which have carcinogenic properties.
    They cost $5 or more a pack. You could save and spend that money on a thousand other, more beneficial things.

Hard candy or gum helps a ton if you're psychologically addicted to the oral fixation. I've noticed taking a multi-vitamin and eating well diminishes the cravings too.

But in the end it's all about your personal willpower. You have all the reasons in the world to quit, so you just have to do it and never look back.

8. Could you just smoke a little weed? Maybe, when your 'reflex' comes up, take a few hits off a joint instead of a cig, and supplement with nicotine gum when needed. seems like a good plan, but then again I don't know from personal experience or anything.

Hope it works out, man. The only other thing I can say is that if you want it bad enough, you'll do it, so maybe you just don't want to quit bad enough right now, and if that's the case, it's just about simple willpower.

9. If you don't stop right now you'll turn into this fucking idiot.

[​IMG]

10. e-cigg? lol probably not the best solution but at least you cut out the carcinogens yet you still get the nicotine and no smell..also my friend got one which offered a 100% money back guarantee if you aren't completely satisfied.

11. Quit today and within 2 weeks your dank will taste better.

12. Watch this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DbFBu_I_lA]YouTube - Tar in Cigarette - Still want to smoke? - Quit Smoking[/ame]

13. you'll grow one of these
    [​IMG]

14. I never started smoking cigarettes, but don't think I'd want to after watching all the videos on youtube with these experiments.

15. Bro. listen

the lungs have a natural cleansing affect that they operate on themselves. how fucking great!!
    i read in online site, like a week ago that a coal miner throughout his life time would get like 40 000 g of dust in his lungs, but after his death, when the docs open him up.. he had less then 40g. i believe those are the measurements, if not im sure it was something drastic like that.

smoking paralyzes most of the defense/cleansing affect on the lungs, so they cant repair while you smoke.

once you stop smoking, in like 8 months its drastically cleaned. and within a few years, it is as if you NEVER smoked.

you really need to start now before its too late.

finally, no one can motivate you to do this, you really have to motivate, then remotivate 1000000 times if need be till you're done.
    you really need to want to stop or there is no point.

16. I don't think I'll be checking this thread anymore ^^^

17. I want to go get some onions and a frying pan....