Mothers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Graffix78, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Hey guys im looking for some info on mother plants, I will be starting from seed, so my questions are...

1. Once sex is determined should i continue to bud the mother then reveg her after?

2. If so, once she is harvested and reveged, how long till i can start taking clones from her?

3. Should she ever be budded again?

4. Is there a "lifespan" for a mother?

Thanks in advance

Graffix :cool:

2. No,a plants life cycle is complete after flowering. What you can do is force the plants into flowering early to sex the plants, then you can re veg the mother and take clones from her.

Use that search button and you will answer your own questions. Plenty of resources on these fourms. :smoking:

3. That is not necessarily true. A plant can be re-vegged after harvesting if some leaves and shoots are left on the plant. You might be able to get 3-4 harvests off of one plant. I recommend keeping a specific plant as a cloning mother and just use her for clones (never put her into flower except for the initial sexing process).

4. what I would like to do is grow the plant tell its mature and then take clones from her... Then take one of the clones after it gets some roots.... bud it to see if its male or female, wont take but a week or 2... I wouldnt like to put my mothers on the flowering stage then back to veg.... It might sound like a lot of work but i think its better in the end.

(If its a male then throw the mother and the clone away.)
    (have more then 1 plant so you can make sure you get at least 1 mother.)
    (Get mothers for 2 differnt strains for a lil change every now and then.)

(Your mothers do not have a lifespan you can veg them as long as you want.)
    (For veging leave the lights on at least 18/6.)
    (Your Clones and Mothers can share the same room and lights.)

(I would let it grow for about 7-8 weeks b4 i take clones off.)(Under Floresent lights for the veg)

(I would use a HPS for the flowering.)(After the clones have grown for 8 weeks under the floresent lights)