Motherfucking BLAM. Gunshots!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TearDownGod, Mar 3, 2010.

1. I hate living in the ghetto. I sit down on my couch to read, and what do I hear? 4 gunshots, and then 3 MUCH louder ones. And then five minutes later sirens. Right across goddamn street. All I can hear is fucking sirens. I have to get up at 7:30 and another person probably got shot in the face over a bullshit drug deal. This world ain't right.

2. Move out the ghetto

3. I hear you dude, a friend of mine got stabbed and killed over stupid shit here, and he's just one of many kids who get caught up in the useless rut of stupid shit that seems to dominate my neighbourhood and the other poor parts of town. It's a dead end street dude, but I guess you just gotta keep sharp, stay out of danger and keep your head up, you dig? ;)

4. Shit thats the way it goes in the hood, nothing anyone can do to stop it. Best solution is to move out of the hood if possible.

5. One time me and two of my friends went to a park to smoke at night. The park wasn't exactly secluded so we decided to walk to the edge of the park where there was a hidden path that led down to a road that is part of someones property but their house didn't have a view of where we sesh'd so we felt safe. After smoking a blunt we heard a car coming on the road so we ran back to the park which was a quarter of a mile away. As we are slowing down because we made the clear we also made enough noise to get dogs in the nearby backyards to bark at us. We hear a bunch of dogs barking for a long time and they were really loud which startled all of us. As we are walking back to the park and starting to ignore the barking noises we hear some man in his backyard yelling at his dogs to shut up. He's cursing at them and everything which sort of scares us. Eventually the man stops yelling and we just hear the dogs barking just as loud. A couple seconds later we hear a couple gun shots go off and me and my friends book it back to the car parked in front of the park. When we get there we all ask each other what we heard. I expected us all to have different stories because I usually have auditory hallucinations when I smoke a certain amount. Surprisingly all of our stories of what we heard were the same.

6. So did the guy shoot the dogs or someone:confused::confused:

7. All the more reason to level them and build a school or something that actually contributes to the greater good of society.

8. I can only assume so, which was a really sad thought for us when it happened. None of us wanted to go back to check because we felt guilty for what ever did happened, even though he may have not killed his dogs but just scared the hell out of them:confused_2:. There was silence after the gunshots, I'm not sure how dogs usually react to gunshots from really close range.

I wasn't sure if he was actually cursing at us or the dogs or even "someone" :/

9. I know what it's like to be stuck in a bad neighborhood. For 2 years of my undergraduate career I live in a bad neighborhood because the rent was cheap and it was close to my school. There were 2 murders outside my building while I lived there, and I could hear nearby gunshots at least once a month.

Needless to say, I got out as soon as I could, and once I was no longer a student and had a paying job, I made sure to steer clear from then on.

I hope you're just there for school or something, and that you can move out soon.

(PS - You'd be surprised how many major universities are in terrible neighborhoods, including some good ones. Yale, for example, borders the straight up hood, as does the University of Chicago, and even a lot of what surrounds Cal State LA is none too good, hopefully you're just in a bad area temporarily and will be out soon!)

10. It's in a really bad part. You'd think it would be a nicer area for such a top notch school. Guess not. :rolleyes:

IIT (Illinois Institute of Technology) is also a bad area.. right on the south side. Gotta watch your back going to those Chicago city schools. There are some crazy people there.

11. I live 2 blocks down from the hoodest portion of tulsa, it sucks. Someone got shot in the face like 50 feet away from my front door, and like 20 feet a way from my ex-weed dealer and even closer to my friend blues house. We all have it rough I guess, but somehow they seem to not even notice the situation. It's fucked (i'm white and their black btw). How used to this shit can people get? It borders on mind-boggling. I'm sick of hearing helicopters so close I can hear indiviualt chops of rotors above my roof. Lucky me, I live in the ONLY GATED complex any where near hear, so theres that... But when your on the second story, facing a three story, block-long prison like mass of ugly concrete wall and broken windows, it's still creeps me out. I nearly got robbed at my damn busstop a year or so back, thank god I can run fast when i'm scared, I would have gotten my ass BEAT for being white by at least 5 people.

12. destroy peoples homes and community and build a school? or are you being sarcastic?

13. yeah, lets just throw away poor people.

14. Feed half the poor to the other half, and give them all their possessions as well.

No more poor people :hello: (Well.. then the next wealth bracket becomes the poor people.. but yeah..)

15. I'd prefer not to be eaten, or become a cannibal. We could just revolt, and eat you for fun though. I can't move, I live with pops and we get this house free from the state. It's live in the ghetto, or live on the streets in a nice neighborhood.

I've made my choice... I'm just bitching about it.

16. gotta do what you gotta do