Mother seems to be a herm???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Martano666, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Ok, so I just harvested my first grow. I chopped ALL of my plants except one which was the largest yielding plant I grew. It was supposed to be my mother, but after chopping all the large buds off and trimming it and getting prepared to go back in to a vegetative state, I noticed a few little pollin pods in amoungst the beautiful giant buds on it. There is only a few but they are still there. This actually happened to a couple of my plants, which appeared to be completely female until the last few days of the grow. So I guess there is NO POINT in cloning a mother plant that had a few little testicles on it right? That would mean that all of my clones would turn out hemaphrodites right? If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know.

or.....

Is it possible that I somehow stressed my mother plant near the end of the grow, and caused it to force out a few testicles to create some offspring of it's own. Could it be that a female that turns hermie near the end of it's growth cycle, is ACTUALLY still entirely genetically female, which would mean that cloning would be fine as long as I don't stress the clones and cause them to turn hermie as well.

Generally when I have seen a true hermie before, it was like 50% male, 50% female. That is NOT the case here. Like I said, the whole plant looks female with some giant bugs, but it happens to have a few little ball-sacks mixed right inside the giant buds.

Anyone!?!?!!