Mother plants . Uk

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ridgers1, Jul 11, 2017.

1. So with my current grow I had 2 plants left over. Couldn't bring myself to just bin them so thought I could keep 2 mothers. With no knowledge about keeping them long term etc I'm hoping you guys can help.

I have 2 plants. Really was 1 keeping 2. They're RQS Royal Moby photos. In 30L
    Rhizopots with 60/40 coco perlite. Feeding canna AB. Adding in some calmag and a touch of additional N. Malaases every now and then as required (thanks LOKI125) usually once a week. Under 600w metal halide which is down to 250w with the UK temps high.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Sounds good ridgers i keep bonsai mothers so can help with any questions. They will want a slightly lower feed than normal plants as you dont need explosive growth unless you are going for 200 clones a week.
    You want to essentially keep taking clones to encourage her to bush out rather than grow up but you are in total control of the shape that best suits your needs.

They dont need a ton of light either. After a few years you may need to root prune her which is literally when you pull her outta her pot and cut a third off the sides and bottom of the root ball and repot her with some fresh compost/medium. Apart from that just try and keep her healthy and as stress free as possible, i like to foilar with a little nitrozyme a few days to a week before i take any clones from her.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm learning already. The growth out rather than up is good. I need to take clones in a week or so so all the tops on there now will be used.
    I'll dial light down to 250w mh. Mh ok???

I see so I will need to keep taking clones for encouragement. Most of which is thrown away unless anyone wants them. What a shame.

Thanks SAILING. That's great advice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mh is perfect, i like to take so many each week but sometimes it goes an extra few weeks if i forget

5. You think it's ok to stay with mh throughout and keep down to 250w. I can up to 450 or 600 w.

6. 250w should be fine for mothers too much will speed up growth and get bigger. MH as blueckeep plant squat and bushy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. You can even go for a low wattage t5 like a 100w or something i keep mine under my 400w mars II (around 170w i think)

• Like Like x 2