MOTHER PLANT QUESTION

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JMJ3480, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Hello
    I have my first mother plant in a veg room under a 1000watt MH. I also have several clones along side it.
    The mother plant is getting quite tall. I tried to take cuts from the top to cut down on the height but they were unable to root like the bottom cuts.
    My question is, can I literally just cut/trim off the branches on the top half of the plant without damaging it? The plant is in really good shape. The cuts from bottom to mid-way up are perfect. Basically just want to cut the plant in half......any thoughts or experiences would be lovely

THANKS

2. Yeah trimming down a mother is normal. My mothers grow way more branches than I need. I leave at least two nodes on each branch when I cut some off so you get two branches off every cut branch.

I find it strange that you are finding the top shoots slow to root. I have always found that the top fast growing shoots grow roots the fastest.

I have my mothers under 40 watts of CFL. This gives me plenty of branches for cuttings. A 1000 watt lamp sounds like an expensively kept mother plant lol