most successful ways to grow sativas outside. location: north carolina

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tarheels0514, Feb 21, 2013.

1. I've suddenly become very interested in growing bud but I need help understanding some of things necessary to be successful as this will be my first time growing. from researching this topic I have found that sativa will yield the most weight and that's what in most interested in doing, the more weight the better, so that's what I'm aiming at, being able to produce the most weight possible so I need to know what steps I should take to produce the best results. I already have found my location that I will be using which is a secure place that will at least get a solid 8 hours of sunlight a day, possibly more. I am wanting to purchase some soil to put where I'm going to plant because the location at which I will be planting is mainly clay, if you have any better ideas please explain. I also would like to hear some of your guys inputs on the full growing process and the all of the effective steps that you've taken and succeeded with outdoors. I would like this to be take as little money as possible but I understand some money will need to be spent and I'm of course willing to do whatever is needed to become successful. any info. is certainly appreciated, thanks guys.

2. As you said u wanted to go for the most weight?
    Sativas in general do produce more weight, but also take longer to mature, and sometimes your climate/region just isn't suitable for the strain u want to grow because of length of the season, heat, moisture etc.
    My input is find an outdoor strain that grows well around your area. And if u can, find strain with good resistances.
    Some sativas take twice as long as a indica to bud.
    Growing in clay also, can cause your plant to flood, so try and dig a deep hole for your plant and fill with some gravel about an inch or so. Then fill with your soil. This Helps drain your soil a little better.

3. Im in north carolina as well, do anybody know of any auto flowering strains that has good mold resistant because it gets real humid here in the summer?

4. more sun = more weight
    8 hours will yield you about 6-8 ozees depending on strain and if LST/fim and when started.
    Don't grow in clay but use an airy soil mix. See outdoor grow guide sticky and/or links under my sig for more details.
    Try finding a spot with water nearby or think of how to get water there.
    Use mulch to hold more water
    Use miccorhyze for stronger plants.
    Monitor plants esp. for 1st month.

5. if ur trying to go the budget route OD Sativas are not what u want. . . they require a lot of nutrients and a lot of water. plus if u r not an experienced outdoor grower sativas can be hard to grow. my first batch of outdoor SSH came out way to fluffy and didnt have much of a smell to it. not to mention they take so long to mature u have to worry about bugs, weather, and the Law for that much longer