Most silent fan for led grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Icon Kush, Apr 21, 2017.

1. im used to using hid where I had big 6 inch inline fans making tons of noise.....just wondering if they make new quiet fans that don't need to move as much air around

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. yep I came to say panasonic whisper fans as well!

Dead silent as long as you don't restrict the exhaust...ie lots of bends or smaller sized ducting.

I have a 110cfm one that's been running 24/7 for about 6 years now and all I can hear is a slight woosh of air coming out of the fan, the motor itself makes no sound. That fan has had no problems cooling 300w of hps+ an led panel, so roughly 400w of combined hps/led. The first time I plugged it in (with no ducting) I actually thought it was broken till I put my hand in front of it and felt the airflow. I also run 2 others + have one in my bathroom (bathroom mirror doesn't fog up anymore btw ). You can order them site to store at homedepot....just make sure you're getting one of the 0.3 sone models.These come in 50, 80, 110 and 150cfm models. I've successfully cooled a 400w hps with a 150cfm /6" duct whisper fan in the past.
    50cfm- Model# FV-05VQ5
    80cfm- Model# FV-08VQ5
    110cfm- Model# FV-11VQ5
    150cfm- Model# FV-15VQ5

• Like Like x 1