Most ridiculous thing you've been told about cannabis

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RockSolidStoned, Jun 19, 2012.

1. The first time I got caught, my junior year in high school, my mom told me something that I'd never forget. With a completely straight face, she said "What if they bring the drug dogs to school and you smoked pot wearing those sneakers? The dog would smell the laces and you'd be drug tested!" I still laugh about it to this day, one, because the dogs were never brought to my school and two, because if that were the case then everyone would've been drug tested. And in my high school, 80% of those tested would've failed :smoke:
    So lets hear it grasscity, what was your favorite propaganda moment?

2. When I was a kid one of my health teachers said "most dealers cut their marijuana with shards of glass".

3. Haha the laced weed thing always got me, because I've smoked for so long and I've never bought any tainted buds. Organic all the way :D

4. "1 joint is equivalent to 20 cigarettes"

5. Hahahaha how about "marijuana kills your brain cells and makes you stupid"? I love hearing that one, because I'm always smarter than the person lecturing me. I actually won the D.A.R.E. essay contest in 5th grade.. How ironic :laughing:

6. Holy shit! Me too! I think if I rummage through the files of my old computer I could find it.

Fuck DARE. All propaganda. The officer that taught the program once answered a question of why it was illegal, "There was a study done a long time ago proved it causes a rapid heart beat that is responsible for thousands of heart attacks"

I loved my high school health teacher and biology teacher. My health teacher said she "experimented" in a lot of things when she was younger and passed on her experience to us. My biology teacher was also my wrestling coach and we were pretty tight. Him and all the guys shared weed stories on the bus rides.

7. hahahahaah!!!! good topic and good vibes bro! when i got kicked out of my school for bud my dad told me weed stays in your system for atleast six months lol. He also told me that it makes people go on violent rages and lash out.... someone is obviously still living in the 50s XD.

8. that marijuana kills brain cells and mutates sperm. its actually been proven to promote healthy brain cell growth and increase your sperm count. bastards, and also that it causes cancer, and that its highly addictive, i was told this in 9th grade health class. i laughed at the teacher because i had already been smoking for 2 years at the time and i was a straight a student haha

9. I can't get over some of the stuff I've been told about weed. My counselor (parents forced me) used to tell me all of these negative consequences from smoking. I countered by asking him whether he'd ever smoked it, and he said he never had. After realizing that I was a prime example of a functional stoner, he picked different things to talk about :) After all, how could someone who never smoked tell someone who smokes about the effects that marijuana has? We're the ones who know first hand.

10. I think I heard it all back in D.A.R.E. I remember being told drug dealers laced their weed with cocaine and heroin to make it even more addictive so you would keep buying more. I was also told by another teacher at a different time that dealers laced their weed with poison because their ultimate goal was to kill kids. My favorite was a health teacher in 9th grade, yes, the 9th grade, told us that, "You can smoke it once, or you might smoke it 50 times. But eventually one of those times will be your last. You will O.D. and you will die, guaranteed. It's not a matter of if you will die, it's just a matter of when".

Yep, seriously.

11. "Smoking marijuana habitually will cause ingrown toenails; leading to a slow and painful death."

12. Freshman year I was assigned a presentation about marijuana for health class. I made 10 slides all about how it is harmless and has medicinal properties, backing all of my info up with reliable sources. My teacher couldn't say anything, as I'd completed the project exactly as it was assigned.
    In AP gov junior year, we had to pick an interest group to do a report on. I presented my report about NORML in front of the whole class. Good times :)

13. [quote name='"St00bz"']that marijuana kills brain cells and mutates sperm. its actually been proven to promote healthy brain cell growth and increase your sperm count. bastards, and also that it causes cancer, and that its highly addictive, i was told this in 9th grade health class. i laughed at the teacher because i had already been smoking for 2 years at the time and i was a straight a student haha[/quote]

Why kind of teachers do we have that provide false information .

14. Back in the 7th grade, my teacher asked if anyone knew any slang terms for marijuana. I'll never forget when one kid's hand shot up, the teacher called on him, and he said "crack?". He was completely serious. I almost pissed myself.

15. That its not a drug.That it isn't addictive.You hang the entire plant up and thc drains to the bottom of the plant and you get more powerful buds.

Just three false things I've heard about Marijuana.

16. i remember my health teacher in 10th grade said that marijuana is 50% probable for being laced with PCP or LSD and that it is commonly gray, brown and green leafs. lol

i raised my hand and said LSD wouldnt even work if burned and she just ignored me and moved on lol

17. [quote name='"MandalaSmoker"']That its not a drug.That it isn't addictive.You hang the entire plant up and thc drains to the bottom of the plant and you get more powerful buds.

Just three false things I've heard about Marijuana.[/quote]

It is 100% a drug by definition of the word drug. It is definitely addictive, but the withdrawal is minor and the consequences from the "addiction" are equally as minor.

18. Dr (shrink) tried to tell me it damaged your DNA, altered your genetic code and caused cancers to spread...and that was the main reason it was made illegal over 200 years ago...

I even acted amazed, saying 'wow, so they had already studied genetics and could see DNA being damaged back then...' (paraphrased of course) to which the twit said 'yes' and it was what wiped out the mayans...WOW...I NEVER KNEW THAT...:p

...I never went back to that Dr again...her office closed up within a year...wonder why...she was so smart and all dat science theology wizardry she had mastered...what a waste.:p

19. #19 MandalaSmoker, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
    Welp mystery solved.We all know what happened to the mayans lol oh god.That doctor needs a swift kick of truth to her brain.

Really think about that for a second.Let's see these charts,ect that prove what is being said here.Where is your information comming from?You should have put a quick stop to that garbage.Lol I just don't see how she would know marijuana was the reason the mayans were wiped out.

What kind of insider info do you got woman?SPILL THEM BEANS ALREADY.

20. Smoking a joint has the same amount of tar as 20 cigarettes....and that it killed brain cells in health class.

My complete stoner friend promptly replied (high as always) "Damn I smoked like 40 cigarettes before I got on the bus this morning!"

He got 5 days suspension hahaha.

Oh and in 11th grade my English teacher said the town in Of Mice and Men would kill brain cells...it was named Weed...so funny :/. I told her it wasn't named alcohol and I don't think she got what I was going at.