Most potent concentrate?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by lilro, Jun 1, 2011.

1. If you used a microscope and some small tweezers or something similar, and picked off every individual trichrome off like an ounce, wouldn't that be 100% THC? I'm sure it would be very time consuming but wouldn't it be the most potent concentrate possible? I started to try with a single nug and got overly bored way before I had enough to be worthwhile.

2. No. Trichomes have mostly THC inside them (still not 100%) but have a thin, semisoft outer membrane that is not THC.

3. Beautiful budder | Cannabis Culture Magazine

4. the triches also contain other cannabinoids.....

The only REAL way to get a 100% THC concentrate... would be to make a concentrate... and heat it to the temp THC evaporates..... catch and recondense the vapor through some sort of still.... and hope it works

Or by doing that ridiculous acid wash on a high CBD and THC concentrate to convert the CBD (is it CBD, or CBN... can remember which does it) to THC... but, i cant even begin to explain how that one works lol

5. i'd say from what is readily available to most people, budder is, also citing the link above as i was just looking into budder more in depth over the past week.

6. The term budder makes me so angry lol
    its called hash oil, budder is butane hash oil, whipped...

hash oil is defs the strongest concentrate, but budder doesnt make it any better.... it makes it SMELL and TASTE better, but the potency is unaffected!!!! I see clubs selling, just bho, for like 30 a gram, and budder, which is the same bho, whipped on heat, for upwards of 50 a gram, and its the same fucking oil lol... such a sad world

While i make qwiso (also hash oil) that dominates over the quality of the BHO the clubs sell here and any bho ive come across, and it costs me about $2.50 to make a gram of it.... and takes about 10 minutes of actual work (evaporation time is usually 12+ hours, but i dont do any work, it just sits there lol)

7. what i have come to terms with is that i probably won't be able to tell the difference really between 50% and 90% especially when dealing with the sizes a lot of oil dabs and hash chunk are.

8. oh man... i can really tell the difference... its pretty easy to tell when you take a regular sized dab rip it, and get pretty high, that it was some ok oil... but when you take the same sized dab, of some REALLY fucking high quality oil, you begin hitting it and you can already tell how high you will be, then you start exhaling, and your already getting super super fucking high

9. idk, i've used some obviously lower quality concentrates and it doesn't take much more for me at least and i've been a heavy user since i was about 14. different strokes. i mean of course the more potent will be better, but unless i'm producing it, it's not worth MY time/money.

10. haha ive been a heavy user since 15, so were probably in the same boat.... but, ive been assisting in making oil/ making my own since i was 17... now im almost 22... so i have slowly tuned myself to know whats good and whats super super good... thats the good thing about oil, even the worst batch is like 10x as good as good weed hahahahaha

Course when i started making it, it wasnt qwiso, it was just.... wiso.... not quick washed...it was fucking soaked in iso for a while and then filtered and redissolved in hexane and water washed to "purify" it... took like 2 hour to get a batch going... now i can make shit WAY WAY more potent... in less than an hour.. its sad hahaha, but the guys who i was learning from were old school ass people who didnt really care if the oil came out to a pot snobs quality needs

11. damn this shit is crazy im gonna need to read up on this once i get some time

12. yeah, sirsog, i would LOVE to discuss this more with you when you have the time someday :D after getting my card following a few friends of mine, we're all putting out a good amount of bud. we've only been using the cuttings and small portions of our bud to produce BHO, but I as you believe in refining the process to an exact science for a connoisseur rather than the basic hippie/old-school QWISO. if you would ever like to get into a chat room to discuss this, we're holding the the grascitylive room over on tinychat :D

btw, recently returned from CO seeing my GF's family there. we were in Brighton, but visited Boulder a couple times. i even went hiking up to Green Mountain's summit with her father. good environment :smoke: i just wish CA law was recognized there and vice versa.

13. What is the best way to extract with 99% rubbing alcohol? Since the alcohol is 99%, couldn't you let the green soak in it for a longer time? ANd whats the longest you would want it to soak?

I've heard anywhere from 30 secs, to like a few mins. So whats the longest time you would want to soak it in 99% alcohol?

14. 30-45 seconds. Any longer and you'll be extracting chlorophyll and other stuff you don't want in your oil/hash. I think a 15 second soak, and a 15 second shake is the best.

15. yea, i do 15 soak, 15 shake and i make some pretty epic qwiso hahahah. All about double or triple filtering it though, and without a vacuum filter set up that takes for fucking ever

16. #16 bigworm420, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I only pass through I never let the bud sit in alcohol for the first run. On the second run ill soak it for a minute but no longer

17. #17 SIRSOG, Jul 13, 2011
    Yea this will get greeaaaaat quality, but it usually comes out as a powder rather than semi liquid haha, I had to stop that method cause its hard to skillet rip it when its in that form

18. The yield is going to be quite a bit higher with butane, that's the reason to do it over really pure qwiso. But if you grow or can make a lot of it for pretty cheap, works just fine. Both pretty easy and simple to do.

19. I dunno about that yield thing.... that would completely depend on how you make your qwiso... i get HUGE yields from my qwiso lol...

It depends on how you do it... BHO and qwiso rival eachother in almost any aspect besides the actual process of making it..... and the purge

20. #20 bigworm420, Jul 15, 2011
    Ive never seen anyone get as much off butane as I do with ISO and potency is just as high if you know how to do it.