Most people have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to religion.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by RVD420RVD, Nov 2, 2012.

1. #1 RVD420RVD, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    Christianity anyway. It seems like they're not a lot of smart people on GC (or in general) when it comes to the topic.

The "Christians" who say "fags go to Hell" and who crash Soldiers funerals are NOT Christian in ANY way. The Christians I know (including myself) are some of the nicest most genuinely caring people I've ever met. Don't let those people define what the name Christian really means. All it does is give the religion and people like myself a bad name. But the fact that people see that and label us all the same way is baffling to me. Especially with this day and age.

2. I completely agree.

3. [quote name='"Sweetleaftoker"']I completely agree.[/quote]

Thank you sweet leaf :)

4. [quote name='"RVD420RVD"']

Thank you sweet leaf :)[/quote]

Dude I always thought your avatar was Dave Mustaine lmao derp

5. [quote name='"Sweetleaftoker"']

Dude I always thought your avatar was Dave Mustaine lmao derp[/quote]

Haha, Blake does kind of look like mustaine though. And your avatar is just too sweet. Zeppelin is the shit. Also sweet leaf is my favorite Sabbath song. You my friend, get it.

6. Most people or most people on GC?

Maybe you should make an educational thread :)

7. [quote name='"RVD420RVD"']

Haha, Blake does kind of look like mustaine though. And your avatar is just too sweet. Zeppelin is the shit. Also sweet leaf is my favorite Sabbath song. You my friend, get it.[/quote]

I have my avatar on a zippo lighter too :D and yes, I get it \m/

8. [quote name='"CKTony"']Most people or most people on GC?

Maybe you should make an educational thread :)[/quote]

Most people. And with the ignorance involved in the topic, I believe I just did.

9. [quote name='"RVD420RVD"']

Most people. And with the ignorance involved in the topic, I believe I just did.[/quote]

You're right, I meant a thread to educate people on what Christianity is, as opposed to who is not Christian. Some ignorance just stems from a lack of knowing what is right, and could use a gentle nudge in the right direction :smoke:

10. [quote name='"CKTony"']

You're right, I meant a thread to educate people on what Christianity is, as opposed to who is not Christian. Some ignorance just stems from a lack of knowing what is right, and could use a gentle nudge in the right direction :smoke:[/quote]

I hear ya man. But you see, there's been a million articles with info on the religion itself. So I would just be repeating old info.

I wanted to give some knowledge from a different stand point. A different aspect of the religion. A view that leads to something that seems to be misjudged quite a bit

11. [quote name='"RVD420RVD"']

I hear ya man. But you see, there's been a million articles with info on the religion itself. So I would just be repeating old info.

I wanted to give some knowledge from a different stand point. A different aspect of the religion. A view that leads to something that seems to be misjudged quite a bit[/quote]

Goal accomplished :D

12. [quote name='"CKTony"']

Goal accomplished :D[/quote]

Ya? Well that's real cool man. That seriously just made my day. The last thing I wanna do is push my religion on anyone. I just wanted to clear up the huge misconception that those whack jobs on tv have been creating.

13. When I see the people who believe otherwise making as much noise as the bell ends they apparently disagree with I'll think otherwise.

14. its the same all over lyk people who make stoners look bad

15. I'll speak only for myself here, but I don't lump your 'average' christian in with those Fred Phelps types - same as I don't lump suicide bombers in with your 'average' muslim. If you honestly believe the bible is true, but don't believe that everyone must believe to validate your own belief, then you go in the harmless w/ superstitious beliefs column. we co-exist just fine.

16. Since there are so many different approaches to Christianity, so many different denominations, cults, reform movements, etc.. I don't think any one person can define what Christianity is nor tell others they aren't christians or are ignorant about the religion. If you are a christian and you think most other people are ignorant to christianity then clearly you are just sharing a very biased opinion. I'm sure Fred Phelps thinks you don't know shit about christianity either. LOL

17. How do you suppose you'd feel if one of those people you just called non-Christian said you were disobeying the Lord? Because no doubt they would. Just because you have a crazy uncle doesn't mean he's not your uncle.

18. [quote name='"Postal Blowfish"']How do you suppose you'd feel if one of those people you just called non-Christian said you were disobeying the Lord? Because no doubt they would. Just because you have a crazy uncle doesn't mean he's not your uncle.[/quote]

Being Christian Is all about doing the right thing, treating other people with kindness. And those whack jobs don't do that. They hide behind a name and use that to justify what they do.

19. #19 Kush Lord, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
    Many of the atheists on this forum are simply immature. They have been here for years bickering over something they dont even believe in. They thrive off of belittling people who happen to believe in God. They need to learn about a thing called compassion. You hardly ever see a believer belittle someone for not believing in God or for not following a religion.

20. Nice generalization and ad hominem. And many atheists bicker over belief in gods because we see how that belief causes mass chaos in the world and we want better for ourselves and the next generation. I don't believe anybody thrives off belitting others on here. Some of just make an effort to point out the obsurdity in some religious/spirtual beliefs. And me personally, I am far more compassionate as an atheist than I ever was as a Christian. Keep up the stereotyping, it suits you and the atheist cause against christians like you, very well.