Most People are Blinded by ignorance

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by fAKdded, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Its sad, Honestly makes me want to cry. The world is so far gone, Everything is run by greed money power hate revenge. Is there any pureness left in this world? We have turned our beautiful Earth into a hell. Everyone is after money, possessions, and items. Its deeply sad. I talk to people and I just pray for them at night, because they think that they are better than some one else. We are all equals no one is better than another. Doesn't anyone see this? We should all be at one with each other. Its depressing... :(

2. Well thats just like, your opinion man...

-i'm joking, but-

Do you consider a serial killer equal to a blue collared man? Are their lives of the same value to you? Or is there value in ALL life?

3. Agreed. Do your part; spread love, not hate... even to those who you think don't deserve it, like serial killers. Share your fortune with those less fortunate than you. Keep open eyes and an open mind. Vote.

Peace brother. :smoking:

4. o shit... opivy makes a good point, i cant come up with an opinion on that though... i guess i need to sleep on taht one, even though death penalties are lame.

going to highschool everyday makes you feel really sick when u see kids walking around in american eagle /gap/abicrombie clothes thinking there better because they go out and get drunk with all the in crowd on friday. i dont feel sorry or angry at them. i just feel sick. not throw up sick but dude thats fucked sick.

5. Well no wonder you are depressed! You have such a pessimistic outlook on life. Not everyone in the world is greedy.... there are are still lots of good people that want care and help our fellow man. If you feel so deeply about this then why dont you go volunteer. This is a lot more helpful than posting threads like yours.

6. Its depressing... :([/QUOTE]

I see you living in Vegas.....I lived there for about 8 months last year...

My experience there was the most empty Ive ever known....

The town is a great place to visit....If your into the whole glitz an hoop la...

But for me living there was the most depressing time of my life....

Im comparing it to Detroit, Tampa, Baton Rouge, Houston and everywhere in between...LOL....honestly its the worst traffic city Ive ever seen....the only city I didnt feel like cruisin in...an I love to drive...

Sin city definately fits ....the town is ruled by fast money and even faster people..
    Finding real people there can be a challenge to say the least.

Its just wasnt for me...didnt feel right an tho my whole family lives there now I choose to move a hundred miles away just inside Arizona...

I cant tell you how much my entire attitude and outlook changed. Alot of people these days feel lost in a city like Vegas....there are millions of good hearted people.. tho in some places they are just harder to find...

maybe take a road trip ...a change of zip code might be as good for you as it was for me...

7. It's reality, there's nothing you can do but accept it and choose to not be a part of it. Do whatever you can people appreciate the smallest things.

8. I do. All life is precious to me. I believe most serial killers to be mentally ill, or really evil... But there's evil inside of everyone. Some just don't let their's out, while the serial killer does. I believe everyone has the potential in them to become a killer. The reason some do and some don't varies from person to person, but I still believe the potential to lie within us all...

Why do you think it's normal to think about it from time to time? Those who act on their thoughts get labeled as crazy, but it doesn't change the fact that those thoughts exist in us all at one point or another.

9. A serial killer disregards all respect for life. Therefore it is only right his life be disregarded in turn. There is no variation of this rule, even in nature.
    We all have the potential to be killers. But we have the potential to be something so much greater that the point is moot. There is no logic in it. People that stoop to that level find themselves in detainment. Even if they're insane to the point they don't realize they're harming other people, human life is too delicate to trifle with. Killing is only justified when you yourself are in danger.

He's right, you'll find what you look for. There can't be evil in the world without good.

10. That's right. You can be as idealistic as you want... but life is short, gritty, violent and cruel. It's sick... everyone is battling to reap as much as they can. You can either acknowledge that and leap into the fight, or express disgust and defiance and be pillaged and killed.

I don't like it any more than you.

I think what's-his-face in LotR Two Towers said it best, as the orcs marched on that castle-thingy: "Show them no mercy, for you shall recieve none!" or something to that effect.

11. Don't worry, Im not depressed or anything. Just some ideas sparked by my stoned thoughts.
    Interesting input also.

12. Realistically now, I don't think I'm going to be pillaged anytime soon. Where is it written in stone that my life, or anybodys for that matter, has to be violent and cruel? Circular reasoning like that is the reason violence and cruelty exist. By choosing one of two paths you're promoting conflict. Instead I'll walk the middle road. And if any ignorant individuals try dragging me into their violence, they'll find themselves in a reverse kimora.

13. Honestly the whole good/evil thing is a load of shit in my mind. Where did people learn 'good/evil' as a way of deciphering someones value to the community? Religion/social 'norms' and all the other crap that goes with being part of the free world whilst being chained down.

So that serial killer isn't evil..he or she is ignorant of the suffering caused by selfish acts. It may seem somewhat excuse like but if you think about it logically without the religious definition of good an evil in the mix it does make sense.

Ignorant selfish people hurt the innocent by accident unknowing or knowningly so the 'wolves' do need to be seperated from the 'sheep'.

Now ignorence in general..yep drives me bonkers. Try to show some people proven fact an common sense and they don't just ignore you..nope they go out of their way to act downright mean about it.

14. materialism is humanities greatest weakness, no doubt

15. ^ I'd have to go with pride and ego...religious or otherwise.

16. I guess I assumed my post wouldn't be taken literally, and it was at least not intended to be. That was just a dramatic way of agreeing with fAKdded. Sadly, the people who are more compassionate than this are also leaving themselves open to be taken advantage of... I know I could steal money from my customers at work every day if I wanted to. The ones that have nodded to this and have gotten their hands dirty are the ones who are pulling our strings now... or at least that's what playing a stupid amount of video games and watching the news have led me to believe.

17. thats what this world has been about since man has began..material posesion..power for all time we have been greedy and its something we need to live with even our humble stoner friends want material gain of the cannabis plant and for all of time it will be like this

18. Not always, Plenty of civilazations were run strictly on Religion and or Customary ways. Look at tribes in the jungle for example. But, I guess your right, I mean, They do trade with other tribes and im sure who ever has the most worthy items is indeed richer. Life is much to complicated, We need to simplify our world.