most overrated bands

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by The Audion, Nov 15, 2011.

1. [quote name='"MrThoughtCrime"']

Is this thread about overrated bands; or quotes from the 40-year-old virgin, trolling, and calling people fags? :smoke:[/quote]

Unless you act like a fag? Or a whiny bitch?

2. [​IMG]

3. You know, even though I grew up listening to Sublime all the damn time, I will agree. The reason I think they are overrated is because a lot of people cling to Santeria and What I Got and know no other songs. Sure those songs are great and made for the radio, but those two songs are the main reason why Sublime is overrated. I knew a dude who "loved" Sublime, yet I only found those 2 songs on his iTunes.

I honestly don't think their songs are something I could listen to all the time (prob because I already did, and Bradley is dead), but I must say that Sublime started the reggae/rock scene and made it what it is today. Sublime is the reason I listen to the bands I do now. So although they're overrated, I respect the shit outta them because took Bob Marley and mixed it with 90's rock... pretty badass for their time

As for my picks of other overrated bands: Beatles, Metallica, and almost every song or band you hear on the radio.

Sorry to sound like a hipster, but seriously, most of that crap is garbage

4. U2, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Mumford & Sons

5. how are they over rated? have you ever seen a dead show to make the comparison?

$60 for a ticket at a sold out MSG is far from extortion dude...

6. #46 SIRSOG, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    [quote name='"AugustWest"']

how are they over rated? have you ever seen a dead show to make the comparison?

$60 for a ticket at a sold out MSG is far from extortion dude...[/quote]

Because its a matter of opinion and I think further is raping their fans wallets. Its not really up to you whether I think a revival of the dead is worth it or not lol.

Love the dead, really don't like further. But I don't think I have to have seen a dead show to think further is over rated man, get over this fucking dead head shit and accept not everyone is going to bend over for further, I'm so sick of hearing about them lol. I don't get why I can't think they are over rated.... its an opinion, not a solid state of fact based universally as a whole. Damn dude.

You gotta understand man, we aren't all dead heads, sure I like the dead...... have I purchased a single thing of theirs... nope.... do I care to... nope. I'm not a dead head... they don't matter to me as if they are the gods of music.....

You are kinda also making my point, its like a travesty to think they are over rated...... I don't get it.... its music, not war

7. #48 The Audion, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
    My opinion doesn't matter anymore than anyone else's, and I dont hate any of the bands I named.

I gotta agree with bob marley, which isn't even fair of me because I'm not a reggae fan by any stretch of the imagination, but seriously, the beatles? Jimi fucking Hendrix? pink floyd? Smoke a bowl and listen to Abbey Road and tell me the beatles are overated.

You best be trolling (again)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xmRi_n8NY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W2_vb-tDUk[/ame]

but I agree their later stuff was incredibly poppy

8. Yeah this thread definitely turned into an I hate rather than over rated.

9. The Beatles. Hands down the most over-rated band of all time. Nothing but a bunch of trendy drug users whom founded or "invented" pop.

10. Yet another person who has no idea what the beatles did after 1965. Even john lennon admitted their early stuff was bubblegum.

11. [quote name='"Flying Lotus"']Not a band, but still a musician.

I can't stand this quack-fuck, and his dickriding fans.[/quote]

Totally agreed, skrillex blows

12. Nirvana. Seriously dont get the hype.

13. Glad no one said the doors. Or rush. Or CREAM! Or the allman brothers. or anyone else I like.

14. Yet another person who can not come back with a proper intelligent retort. I hold a differing opinion so I must not know what I am talking about. Maybe I do? Haha nah no one whom thinks different than you would ever know what they are talking about. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

15. Why would you call Led Zeppelin thieves? Because they used other peoples songs and fucking rocked them? What you may not understand is many bands grow and evolve off each other, its called influence. There also is a difference between over rated and disliking someone's music I think.

I like Pantera. I think they were a great metal band. Many people feel they ripped off exhorder, and I disagree. I think exhorder influenced them. I think Bob Marley was great, especially for his day in age. Nirvana, good grungy band that was influenced by bands like mudhoney and green river. There is nothing wrong with influence. Music is a freedom of expression and too many people now a days are trying to take that away with the whole "originality" scheme that doesn't exist anymore. This of course is my opinion.

16. You're right, everyone has the right to their own opinion. I just assumed you were somewhat ignorant of their music. But from your inflammatory demeanor one would think you came into this thread merely to cause trouble. If you dont like the beatles, it doesn't really matter to me, but all you had to say was "I've listened to the majority of the beatles music and I dont care for it" instead you got uppity about an assumption I made in poor judgement.

17. [quote name='"oldSCHOOL_toker"']Personally I feel these bands/singer songwriters are pretty overated ( in order for most to least:)

U2

bruce springsteen

boston

aerosmith

any others? (I named rock bands but feel free to respond with groups/bands from any genre[/quote]

I agree with all of the above except Aerosmith. They were a band of my dad's generation, still popular in mine. Maybe it is just nostalgic for me, but yeah, I like Aerosmith.

[quote name='"The Third Eye"']Pink Floyd, Joni Hendrix, the Beatles, bob marley, and led zeppelin. I fuckin hate all those guys[/quote]

What qualifications do you use to determine what is good music? Also, how old are you and what kind of music do you like?

I disagree with all of the above, although I am not personally a Beatles fan, but all of the artists you listed are still listed as some of the most influencial by musicians today...

[quote name='"insight420"']Led Zeppelin. Fuckin' thieves.[/quote]

That's the way the blues work, man...and Zeppelin rocked it. Their sound is and was unmatched by any other band, ever.

18. I love led zeppelin but they did take alot of ***ahhem*** license shall we say, with lyrics and songs that they didn't write, which would've been ok but they claimed to be the sole writers on the album cover. That being said they could've thrown bricks at old ladies and I wouldn't give a shit.

19. I love this aerosmith

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1urxv2SkMo[/ame]

sleepin late and smokin tea!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjXh7SlD0aI]Aerosmith-Living On The Edge - YouTube[/ame]

what the hell is this shit, seriously.

Oh! Bon jovi. He's more than overrated. I really can't stand him honestly. He's the bastard son of pop and hard rock.