Most meaningful lyrics to you

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TheCruz831, Nov 19, 2013.

1. For me:
    Immortal technique: "Hell is not a place you go if you're not a Christian, it's the failure of your life's greatest ambitions"
    Immortal technique: "Put your hands in the air, like you got the heat to your back, and shake your body like a baby born addicted to crack
    And since life's a gamble like the craps tables at Vegas, I freestyle my destiny, it's not written in pages."
    The comparison between an action (wave your hands/shake your body) common in mainstream lyrics and party life to a situation so real and horrific... It's very interesting, and it gets me.
    Bob Marley: "Give them and inch, they'll take a yard. Give them a yard, they'll take a mile."
    Eyedea: "This planet's just an overpopulated mental hospital; each zombie walking around constitutes another obstacle
    So here it is, I'm finally comin out my shell. All 19 years of my life I've been in conflict with myself. I'm insecure about every facet of my existence, from my addictions, to the conditions I choose to live in. Who you kidding? I suffer from excess anxiety, a product of pollution in American society. Stare into my eyes and see the hell that burns inside my mind. And I no longer have an ego I can hide behind."
    That is the most intense shit ever. The whole song is filled with the rawest, yet most relatable, realistic concepts. Insane.
    You?

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"