Most intense photo ever taken?

Discussion in 'General' started by 911x1000, Jan 4, 2011.

1. I'm not sure I follow.. Who's 'bad'? And why are they 'bad' again? And where did this story come from? *scratches head*

2. #22 Dum Dum Boy, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011

Our tiny little insignificant planet

3. nah niggga yous trollin like a bitch.

4. Were just a lil spek among the beams

5. It's a photograph from the Vietnam War of Nguyễn Ngọc Loan executing a Vietcong prisoner, Nguyễn Văn Lém. As far as who is "bad," well, that's a harder question to answer.

Earth.

6. This was during the Vietnam war, the guy getting executed was a member of the Vietcong, or so the South Vietnamese Brigadier general who shot him said, I just don't trust dictatorships, especially when set up by the U.S...

Anyways, the photographer didn't even know he was going to get shot, they were just taking a picture of the prisoner and the guy shot just after the picture was taken.

7. I m just shocked is these pics are real or just fake to shoot.

8. #28 sirbrandon101, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

the whole conflict in Vietnam was just...intense
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Yeah I saw this actual video... It's on YouTube I don't know the name but there is a montage of war videos it's pretty crazy they put it up on YouTube

10. #30 chronicman00, Jan 5, 2011
    this is one of the most insane pictures of all time. literally. i wish i could master my mind so much that i could sit there. burning.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzYZZ9ncKDI[/ame]

go to 1:30

the concentration of that monk is so fucking intense its really unbelieavable

11. Did he die??^^^^
    that's not possible

12. yessir he did die. they then re-cremated his body but his heart didnt turn to ash so they cased it in glass and consider it holy now. cause it represents his spirit or something like that.

13. #33 clos3tgrow3r, Jan 5, 2011
    its called self immolation, i am almost certain they were doing it to protest china's occupation of tibet, either way it is done for the similar purpose as protest fasting only it is much more extreme and totally awe inspiring

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37cMtCrKoA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - buddhist monk - self immolation[/ame]

14. The specific picture the other poster put up is a Vietnamese monk who self immolated in protest of President Diem's policies in South Vietnam.

15. yeah that person killed a lot of the generals soldiers, shit is never as black and white as it seems