Most influential musicians in your life

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CAZx7, Sep 11, 2009.

1. This is for all you musicians here: which musicians have made the biggest impact on your style of playing? Here are some musicians that influenced me as a guitar player.

Son House
    Syd Barrett
    Albert King
    Jerry Garcia
    Lou Reed
    Mick Taylor

2. Albert Ayler, Lester Young, Photek, Skream, Igor Stravinsky, D'Angelo, Claude Debussy, Busta Rhymes, Chris Speed, Jim Black, Chris Cheek, Meshuggah, Ravi Shankar, and Ivo Papasov (among others) have all had an immense impact on my music.

3. John Frusciante

end of thread.

4. Ben Weinman, Dave Knudson, Brian Cook, Thom Yorke, Thomas Erak, Trent Reznor, Daryl Palumbo, Telefon Tel Aviv, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Keith Buckley, Anthony Green, Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, Chris Pennie, Greg Puciato. There's probably a couple I'm missing, but they're the shit.

5. i get really inspired by Doseone and Why? also Silver Jews and mobb deep are very much up there. also, sun ra. sun ra will always be one of my biggest influences.

6. The Melvins (both of em)
    Jerry Cantrell
    Kim Thayil
    Bad Brains (the entire original line-up)
    Les Claypool
    Bootsy Collins
    Buckethead
    Wu-Tang Clan (yes all of em)
    Eddie Hazel
    Gibby Haynes
    Paul Leary
    Tom Waits
    N.W.A.

That's in no particular order and there are a whole bunch I just can't think of at the moment.

7. anthony green hands down followed closely by nate barcalow from finch.

8. No idea how the hell I missed Nate Barcalow in my list, but since you are a dear fan of both him and Ant, you sir, are the fucking man.

9. Wu-tang clan, Bob marley, peter tosh, Gucci mane, NWA

10. mr. marley
    all of yes
    mr. hendrix

11. Jeff Mangum
    Syd Barret
    Avey Tare
    Cliche but Kurt Cobain
    Gibby Haynes
    Isaac Brock

12. haha thanks man. pretty easy to forget about him though since finch died out for a while. the new finch ep was pretty good but sounded alot like say hello to sunshine. i just pray to god the whole album doesn't sound like that. what it is to burn is what made the band.

13. The members of floyd, radiohead, jerry cantrell,

14. 2 people that rock my music world dudes...

JIMMY PAGE AND HENDRIX

15. jim douglas morrison.

16. john lennon.
    trent reznor.

17. jerry garcia, neil young, david gilmour,bob dylan, stephen stills, and my dad