Most influential and moving pictures of all time...

Discussion in 'General' started by fvaambush, Dec 19, 2007.

1. it killed the ecosystem, lets just say that.

2. That one of the seal is my least favorite. Just the look on the little guys face makes me sad.

3. omg.yes hurt... ive seen pictures i wished i never see before. thenaked girl screaming....plus all that comments about holocaust being a propaganta..my grandma was a kid during german occupation of greece and holocaust did exist...i wont get into details u probably all imagine ..
    this thread is not for me,my eyes keep hurting..this world is not for me..actually is not for anyone..it broke into a million pieces...:(
    i need to smoke...

4. For me, this picture sums up the beginning of the 21st century.

[​IMG]

5. here are 2 photos

Attached Files:

• w.jpg
      w.jpg
      File size:
      57.7 KB
      Views:
    • e.jpg
      e.jpg
      File size:
      15.8 KB
      Views:
  6. jonestown & mass suicides
    (this picture shows a bucket of the toxic "cool-aid"
    people used to kill themselves. over 900 dead.)
    [​IMG]

escape from woomera
    (many arabs imprisoned under inhumane conditions
    after the 9-11 attacks. racist austrailian government
    thought concentration camps would solve everything..)

- this is their escape...
    [​IMG]

VeriChip Corporation
    (if you dont know anything about the RFID Chip, i assure
    you reading about it and watching videos of it will scare
    you as much as it does every time i see one...)
    [​IMG]

charlie manson
    (this is the infamous photo used when get was on the
    cover of LIFE Magazine, it scares the shit outta me.)
    [​IMG]

7. wow someone who knew about woomera :D thats sick ... mad props to u ... yeah the conditions in which they are holding ppl is fuckin horrible up there .... its not so much in the news these days because the politicians have turned to "bigger issues" and the idiotic public have forgotten but there are still people there.....

8. thanks alot, as you and i, many others dont know about the harsh conditions and resoning behind forcing these innocent people to live in "camps" and sadly there are still people being held and its a fucking shame...

thanks for the kudos

9. i hate that I love this picture, I am really interested in gladitory combat for some reason, it just so sureal, men fighting for there lives to the death for entertainment. Just look at the guy pleading not to be killed as the gladiator looks above to see what his fate is coldly, such a powerful and moving painting to me.

10. This picture can get my grandfather to cry, he is from spain and this is a picture of the spanish parliament held hostage.
    [​IMG]
    Protest of construction of the Narita Airport in Japan.
    [​IMG]
    A young catholic boy during clash with british troops in Northern Ireland.
    [​IMG]
    US soldiers dragging vietcong body to be buried.
    [​IMG]
    Soldier mortally wounded by sniper fire clings onto chaplin for help.
    [​IMG]

11. Wow, those are really amazing photographs.. the starving children ones are really powerfull.

This one of bob dylan is influential and even alittle bit moving, but in perhaps a different direction

[​IMG]

Being as young and naive as i am, i find this one to be very exciting.. brings alittle optimism into things, kind of cool

12. Many have been posted already. Here are a few more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. President Lyndon B. Johnson being sworn in to office shortly after JFK's assassination. JFK's wife standing next to him.

[​IMG]

14. I'm debating making a scrapbook out of this thread but alot arn't captioned.

15. Someone needs to make a slideshow on youtube of the pics in this thread, and put auto rock by Mogwai as the background music, it would hit a million in less than a week I bet.

16. Completely out of context, man. Make a new thread.

This thread is dedicated to images which have had drastic historical effect on human history and the furthering civilization.