Most influential and moving pictures of all time...

Discussion in 'General' started by fvaambush, Dec 19, 2007.

1. The pic below was taken by kevin carter. The photographer later killed himself out of the guilt of not helping the little girl in the photo. One band name here: Manic Street Preachers.

Attached Files:

2. Careful with the Holocaust denial in this thread. It could be illegal in the netherlands wich would put SJ at fault

3. Man that is pretty heavy. I've heard of journalists and photo journalists committing suicide based on all the horrors they documented. Heavy stuff.

Oh yeah, Fvaambush, no more 9/11 imgs. please. I saw it replay over and over and over and over already. Seeing that man falling out of the WTC and those people being suffocated by smoke just reminds me once again of that sick feeling I had that day. Not really saying don't post them, just saying it hurts seeing those again.

edit: Oh yeah I forgot to add, what the fuck is up with the Holocaust denial bull fucking shit. Shit truly is sad that somebody is actually arguing that shit. They had a movie theater and a swimming pool so that made it a regular fucking Holiday Inn didn't it?

4. There was another great photo I remember of a guy being attacked by an angry mob- the first guy in the mob is swinging an american flag at him. Can't remember the name of the picture.

5. my fax beat me to it. good thread.

6. I don't think anybody has posted this img.

[​IMG]

I would consider this img. pretty influential.

7. That goes pretty much for anything. I know myself when I tell stories of something that happened I do exaggerate it a little bit to make it a bit more scary or cool or whatever than it already was. And I would be willing to bet at least 95% of people do it too. It's not exaggerated by the media itself, but also by the story being passed down through different people.

Now what I dont agree with is the media making these certain pictures more popular. That is not true at all, the media doesnt make a picture popular, the people do. Now if you had a picture of a fire in the building, and you had a picture of people running from the building as it collapses, which one do you think is going to be more popular/have more of a moving effect on people?

Sure thing, sorry about that man.

8. Some more pics some may have been put up but I found larger images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Oh my God, this picture really put a lot of things in perspective for me, thats really sad

10. What I got from this picture was a completely different perspective. What I think it is, is that the owner or manager or whatever really like Irish and think that they are the true white people. So if your Irish you dont need to apply because you will automatically get the job. I dunno thats just my opinion.

11. Idk, I think it was taken back at the time Irish were treated bad. And they were saying that whites only past that point, and that help was wanted. But they do not need Irish to apply, because they will not hire

12. This thread makes me want to just not live anymore. Not really die, but just not live. I feel ashamed in being a human. Im off to try to get some sleep, prolly won't happen tho.

13. Damnnnn....

14. listen to auto rock by mogwai while looking at those picks and tell me that you are not moved.

15. oklahoma city bombing
    [​IMG]

16. Working in a 'retirement' home, that has been predominately (sp?) Jewish, for the last twenty-something years, I am not too sure if a whole lot of the stories about the Holocaust are exaggerated. I have had the privilege of meeting several people who were in the camps, I have seen the tattoos, and I have heard a few stories. But I'll let people believe what they want. I'm not here to change minds.

As for the Irish thing, I'm 99.9 percent sure the sign means NO Irish. I have read ( or heard ) stories, that said back in the slavery days, the only jobs Irish ( and asian ) people could get were the jobs that were too dangerous to risk their slaves on. And even into the fifties and early sixties they (we...I'm part Irish) were looked down on.

Now on to the photos, all of the ones posted so far are stirring. But that first post of the brothers really tore me up. Here's my contribution to the thread. Tried to stay away from the 'death' thing with 'em.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. A racist mob took these men from a jail and hung them.
    [​IMG]
    The Nurmenburg Rally, the video is way crazier, in the video you see hitler give them a command to turn there heads to the left and every single one of them did it at the same time.
    [​IMG]
    The Canadian Seal hunt of 1969
    [​IMG]
    A priest holds the hand of a starving child.
    [​IMG]
    When oil tanker Exxon Valdez ran aground Prince William Sound, crude oil killed millions of animals and destroyed natural habitats, and public outcry demanded new laws and billions in payment from Exxon.
    [​IMG]

18. Yes because this thread really got hidden in 5 minutes .... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry man but that must have been one of the dumbest posts I've seen.

19. Not really millions of animals..... Max estimates would be under 600,000