Most inexpensive protein source. Reps for good answers.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Runningw235, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Im moving back onto a college campus soon, and I want my room to be STOCKED with high protein/inexpensive foods.

Also, im not sure if I can fit my protein powder into my budget this semester, which pisses me off.
    If you know of a very inexpensive brand let me know. All I give a shit about is the protein content.

So far my ideas are tuna and different kinds of nuts.

Will have a minifridge by the way.

Will rep informative answers.

2. Tuna, frozen chicken breasts. Though protein powder really isn't that much.

3. Eggs and tuna

4. Rice or Macaroni and Beans are the cheapest i can think of.

I might be wrong but possibly oatmeal?

5. Yeah eggs, tuna, beans, nuts are probably your best bet.

6. Eggs - like $1.69 for a dozen
    canned black beans - 1$
    pack of tuna - 1$
    Milk isn't too cheap but you can make it last a while

Off brand mac n cheese - 50 cents

Peanut butter - $2.50 - $3.50

7. Oatmeal is good too. 5 grams of protein per serving and you can get a huge can of it for like $1.50.

8. #11 marell, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    tuna is cheap and always a last resort for quality protein. 57 cents for 25 grams of protein. same goes for canned chicken breast. cottage cheese is a big staple of mine as well. some whey protein powders are cheap too.

9. Salmon canned

10. [quote name='"marell"']tuna is cheap and always a last resort for quality protein. 57 cents for 25 grams of protein. same goes for canned chicken breast. cottage cheese is a big staple of mine as well. some whey protein powders are cheap too.[/quote]

For sure, beans are very cheap also.. I used to take canned chicken mix whey, cheese, beans together.. Delicious and super protein.

11. Did you blend all that shit together at once? You're a fucking SAVAGE, man!

12. [quote name='"Wildman850"']

Did you blend all that shit together at once? You're a fucking SAVAGE, man![/quote]

Fuck ya dude, mix it all up and heat up eat with fork.. Or if it's a carb day each on chips or on shells like taco.. It's good shit.. Lol

13. Thanks, but I have something similar right now. Dymatize powder. Similar price.

Im trying to see if I can remove that from my budget, or find a significantly cheaper protein.

Whey the fuck is the powder so expensive?

see wat i did there

14. [quote name='"Runningw235"']

Thanks, but I have something similar right now. Dymatize powder. Similar price.

Im trying to see if I can remove that from my budget, or find a significantly cheaper protein.

Whey the fuck is the powder so expensive?

see wat i did there[/quote]

LOL, I used to always get mine at Costco when I got it.. They had the best deals by far. Now I just eat a protein with every meal and i'm good.

15. Yeah I eat plenty of protein, it's just convenient to drink 50-60 grams real quick in addition.

Ill probably go without and just stock up on tuna, eggs, and milk.

16. #20 John222, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    You can consider natural high protein foods instead of brands. Egg, Mushroom, Peas, Chickpeas and spinach are some good natural sources of protein. But if you are thinking about some bran canned tune would be better.

Dundee Fitness Trainer