Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Most Extreme Form of Filtration?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by smitalt, May 27, 2008.

1. Ok, so I'm trying to figure out the best possible way to filter smoke through water. So far my best idea is to use a fish tank aerator/oxygenator like so:

http://www.thepurchaseadvantage.com/page/TPA/CTGY/REX_FLEX_DIFFUSERS

From this I'd have to figure out a way to attach a bowl of stinky green then figure out another way to inhale it.

I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried anything like this, or if there is a better way to filter the smoke through water what that might be. Basically I'm just trying to get really high with some really filtered smoke.

2. over filtering the smoke doesn't make you higher. it can make it easier on the lungs, helping you absorb more, but this only works with so much filtration, after which point the smoke will start to lose THC.

3. Just stick with a Carbon Filter. I mean your way would work but its way to extra.

4. that thing would get clogged so fast!

5. youve smoked yourself retarted. welcome to the city.

6. carbon is for growing not sure exactly where u r coming from:confused:

7. what the hell you smoking?

8. Coming from more experience than you. A picture is easier than trying to describe it.

[​IMG]

9. anyone ever use that carbon filter if so whats it like and is it worth it?

10. never tried it myself, however i heard they make the smoke taste horrible

11. Um, Why dont you just smoke a joint or a bowl or just a normal bong.
    Its not that bad on your lungs.. But if your that worried get a vape or something..
    I dont understand why some people wanna be all high tech about this stuff...
    Drop the green in some paper or on glass. its not that difficult..

12. I filter the smoke with my lungs.

I don't know about that activated carbon stuff, it seems like just another unnecessary accessory for ROOR owners to buy. I know activated carbon is really good for getting rid of stinky smells, when I used to have a saltwater fish tank I kept a can of that stuff next to the tank (it got kinda stinky sometimes) and it work great at curbing those smells.

back to the topic. You're thinking way too hard, I say save your money and go buy yourself a decent bong

13. It might work. I'd give it a shot, even if it's a long shot.

14. hahaha, I agree with AllUpIn.., you're over thinking it. In my journey I've found over thinking to be the #1 killer of enjoyable experience. Also, 'lmao' at "i filter it with my lungs"

15. Ok ok.. first let me tell why I refer to myself as a carbon expert. I am familiar with not just carbon in general but also the various different kinds of carbon and it's use for filtration in air as well as water. I was born and raised in the aquarium industry and my main filter product for aquariums consist mostly of carbon(something my father invented years ago). From my experience growing up I learned what carbon can do, can't do and what kinds of carbon to use for various applications.

I have also been an avid smoker since an early teenager and being 33 now I've used and experienced most kinds of filtration possible for smoking and even trying some of my own ideas.

I will say at first when I saw i could get a carbon attachment for my Roor that I was skeptical of how efficiently it would work at removing toxins, tar etc from my smoke. After obtaining a carbon filter an attaching it to my roor i couldn't of been more pleased. If you think the diffuser you have in your roor filters your smoke cleaner, having the carbon filter gives you a whole new level of filtration. It produces a much smoother smoke with far less tar. You will even notice that past the carbon filter your bong/roor will barely get dirty or have any tar build up. Once I noticed this I realized that the same tar build up is happening inside my body and removing it from the smoke gives a better smoking experience and is better for my overall health.

Using carbon to filter your smoke does nothing at all to make your smoke taste bad. it does not remove the taste. Those individuals who have used carbon and mention it has had an adverse affect on their smoking experience were most likely utilizing a carbon filter where water filtration was not utilized afterwards and may of inhaled minor bits of carbon dust. The carbon dust itself does not taste great and could be a reason why some say it adversely affects your smokes taste. ii would always suggest using a bond like a Roor which would use water to remove any dust, which should only occur if you use a low quality dusty carbon. A dusty carbon can be risnsed ahead of time to remove any dust and will still filter your smoke with no problem.

When choosing a particular carbon go to any large aquarium store and choose a coconut shell based carbon. Coconut shell based carbons are much better at filtering air. Also avoid purchasing any carbon that come sin pellet forms. Pelletized carbon is basically compressed carbon dust and does not allow for good air or water filtering as air/water will go with the path of least resistance and go around any pellets. Always choose Coconut shell based carbon that is in granule form.

Now that we are pas that, for those of you who would like the ultimate form of filtration here is my suggestion. Although it does cost some money to purchase.. It combines Vaporization, Carbon, a diffuser in water, and ice.
    This can easisly be achieved with a Roor bong which has the carbon filter, diffuser and ice notiches to hold your ice in the middle of your tube where the smoke sits the lognest. That will cover ur carbon, diffuser and ice(IMO if you got this you're doing perfect already)
    Now you ad the vaporizer, but how do you get a vaporizer to attach to the roor?? Problem solved with a french company who produces a vaporizer called the Herborizer.

http://www.herborizer.com/english/product/vaporizer/vaporizer.html

If you take a look a the link you will notice their 'heat chamber' attaches to a glass to glass fitting and can replace the 'bowl' on your roor.

There you go, I know it's an expensive proposition to do. If you can't afford the vaporizer as well I would high suggest getting the Carbon filter for your roor or if you can make shift one for your own device.

16. :bongin:On a case by case basis, carbon filters will get you the cleanest smoke (like switching from HARD tap water to drinking straight from a spring), but precoolers keep almost all ash out of your bong while adding cooling AND and extra chamber. Put that (both) in your piece and smoke it :bongin: