Most exotic food you have ever eaten?

Discussion in 'General' started by GrandaddyPurps, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Barracudi. than fugu and horse in japan, and guinea pig in Ecuador.

2. Squid and Octopus

3. Manta Ray. I haven't had the opportunity to go to Europe, Africa, South America or Asia, unfortunately.

4. Im asian, so my list can go on forever.

5. Top ramen gold edition?
    wait..

6. I almost had Manta Ray, I was in mexico and was gonna order it but I asked the guy how it tasted... he give me a odd look and said "its.... different... ehhhhhhh" so i got a good lobster dish :smoking::smoking:

7. When i was in culinary school i tryed a fermented goose egg. Its a rly old school way they would use to preserver the egg, it would be buried in clay or sand for months or years. It tasted like how a rotten egg smells by far the nasty thing i have put in my mouth and i have been with some dirty girls. :eek:

8. damn you guys are lucky I wish I could try the fun stuff

9. #9 Violet, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
    eel, squid, and some sort of raw fish is as exotic as I've gotten.

Anyone ever eat blowfish?

edit- nvm saw OP

10. mealworm and chocolate chip cookies
    grasshopper egg roll
    roasted wasp
    chocolate covered ants
    and honestly i dont even know wat else cause i didnt even know about those until weeks later :(

11. I tried lobster once....and it was fucking gross, had to spit it out. Also tried a clam once....and it was fucking gross, had to spit it out.

Seafood is disgusting.

I'll stick to beef, chicken and pork thank you very much.

12. I've eaten a lot of weird and unusual foods while traveling, but I don't know what most of it was.

I've had guinnea pig, octopus, eel, sea cucumber, goat, durian fruit (gross)...

The weirdest LOOKING food I ever ate were Mantis Prawns, in Vietnam:

[​IMG]

They were so good though... kind of a cross between lobster and crab.

13. Guess it depends.

I've had shark before. I personally didn't care for it, didn't have much taste from what I remember.

Also had octopus, which I liked.

14. rocky mountain oysters [​IMG] :D

15. Pussy is exotic where you come from?

16. :confused_2:

17. While in Africa, my wife and I went to this restaurant called the Carnivore. We ate Camel, crocodile, and osterich

18. I had an ostrich burger at this place called fudruckers. Shit was ballin

19. frog legs --- soo good.

all types of seafood is pretty exotic..n i love seafood so it all works out :]