Most efficient way to conserve weed?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by everteen, May 20, 2015.

1. #1 everteen, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
    I have vaporizer, but I also want to smoke occasionally. So far I've used only vaporizer since it took me six months before realised I could just buy a tobacco roller for rolling joints.

But how many times you can vape you weed and still have enough potency left for smoking? At least with vaporizer I've used the same weed even three times before there was nothing left, but not really sure can you vape it more than once before smoking, because smoking isn't so efficient.

The bud I ordered is some White Widow x Casey Jones hybrid, which is a sativa strain, so I'll be vaping it at 190c/374F.

2. Use your vaped bud for edibles.

3. #3 everteen, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015

Thought about that. But from what I gather edibles are the most potent, but not very efficient (ratio). Not really sure about this, but at least my impression so far has been that edibles need more bud for the same effect, compared vaping and even smoking. But I could be wrong.

4. what he is saying is, after you vape the bud, use the same bud and make edibles out of it. you have to use more of the bud after it is vaped, usually twice as much, when making edibles. but it certainly works. like getting every last bit of goodness out of it. pretty efficient if you ask me.

5. #5 everteen, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015

I know he meant vaping first, then baking. Just don't know if I even have enough bud. Only ordered 5 grams and probably no money to order more for a little while.

Not sure if I got it right, but what I meant about efficiency is that edibles seem to require lot of weed to get high compared vaping and smoking. And I haven't baked before so I might screw up the process. Smoking is impossible to screw up.

e. I'm a bordeline alcoholic and main reason for ordering weed is to save liver and drop weight by dropping beer. Some sweet edibles aren't the best solution, since doctor said there's already some fat around liver. Which means I should stay from alcohol and sugar.

6. You could put your vaped bud in capsules and eat them like that or mix with coconut oil and put into capsules.  Much healthier then eating brownies everyday and it will still achieve the same effect.

7. #8 everteen, May 21, 2015
    Not saying that eating doesn't interest me. It's supposedly more potent, longer lasting than smoking or vaping and something I've never tried.

I could do with the extra potency, since I'm used to drink 10-15 beers even before the first hit, because the effect is just so much more intense. But I can't do that anymore (or at least should not do, but don't know if I can resist ).

You mean one little capsule full of vaped bud is enough to get you stoned? Problem with oral consuption is that I don't how much I need to consume.

And if it's really that easy, can't I just drink the vaped weed with water?

8. What kind of vape is it?

9. #10 everteen, May 21, 2015

Da Vinci Ascent, so not a Volcano quality. And I have also vaped tobacco with it (at full 220C/430F), but not much.

10. then just vape and throw out and waste the AVB bud then. that way you wont gain weight and what ever. vaping is probably the most efficient way to get high. probably. 

some people just don't get it......

11. Vape your green then put brown vaped bud in bag... Over time it will accumulate and you'll have enough to make some edibles! 🏼

12. #13 dankness420, May 21, 2015
    Might need 2, depends on the size of capsules.  And yes you could just drink it with water, probably would taste better with tea or coffee but the thc is already active in vaped bud so the possibilities are endless.

Dosing is trail and error, everyone vapes there bud different, some of mine is green and others are a dark brown.  Best advice would be to start small and work you way up.  Look into firecrackers to get a better idea.

13. #14 everteen, May 21, 2015
    Ok, I decided to make firecrackers after all, since they're appparently so easy to do.

There's just one thing: tobacco residue in my vaporizer. Does it mattter? Very sticky, not been able to clean it.

And I'm not sure about the temperature for the vaped weed (oven). Some guides say 110C/230F, some say 120C/248F.

14. Occasionaly when trying to conserve herb but still smoke a joint ill mix some herb in with my vaped bud inside the paper. It acts as a nice filler and the cbds are still a little present so you can smoke fresh bud and also get the effect of the cbds. Edibles are also a great option

15. #16 Two Scoops, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    Gravity bong uses the least amount with the best effects.

Edit: I see this isn't my field. I just combust.

16. You could converse weed by investing in a ecig that uses cbd juice instead of nicotine. It'll give you the body high you desire while you get the head high from the vape, the juice and ecig are much less expensive than weed is (well, a bottle is like 14.99 which should last you awhile, while that's pretty what a single gram of Mj costs for me). It'll make you smoke less bud for sure. And it's relaxing too.

17. As far as what to do with your already vaped bud there's really not much at all you can do other than smoke it or eat it.  You won't get super stoned from smoking it either so it really is more efficient to bake it or toss it in some yogurt.

I personally see my AVB the same way I look at kief collecting in my grinder.  It's a supplement, not really supposed to be used as your main source of getting high.  Build up your stash of AVB/Kief and then once you have enough you can use it for a 'special treat'.  

18. Smoke Thai(tobacco)
    Fill half (bottom) with Thai and last half with weed.
    Even a quarter bowl of weed with really any amount of Thai will send you to the fucking moon and plus you get a fat headie. Just don't get addicted like I am, I've been packing 3 quarter Thai bowls at least 8 times a day for the past 3 years

19. This is not something that would SLM under the "50 states legal" category, would it?