Most efficient grow method in 100 sq. feet?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PG10, May 26, 2010.

1. Look first off you can have to much light!!! Why you ask, well because it costs money to run them. In that size area you will not get more for you 4x1000 than you would with half that. So in essence you are wasting your money. The ac will be on all the time or you will have planet venus for temps. Also if you have not grown it does not make sense to go so hard at it because you will find the pit falls no two ways about it and it is a lot easier to not fuck stuff up with less than you are trying. You will kill them you will melt your Electrical, you will most likely fire ball. So go to jail after the fire department comes and enjoy being a total tard because bro you don't have a clue.... I don't care how much money you have either that space does not need that much light. It is plain stupid. And you will I PROMISE fuck it up..... Learn then expand but never will you need 4k hps in that space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2. This. A master gardener could probably take advantage of 4000w in that space. But someone just learning will be fighting problems their not ready to fight yet.

Two 600's on a light mover would probably be how I would start exploiting that space, and grow from there.

3. instead of wasting all that money on watts invest in some good reflectors parabolic reflectors can increase coverage by alot. and some mylar for the walls.

4. You are either an idiot or a fool. Which? You can't afford to mess it up the first time you said because of cost and you want to start your first ever grow with 4k hps in a 10'x10' space. Remember people he has to have room for the tanks and other things too it is not 100% plant space. So looking at conservative, (really less than this) of around 75 sqft. You can't afford to pay your bills if it does not work but you are paying that much for lights wow you must be a moron. Are you going to get a second morgage to buy an airplane, a jet no less, before you learn to fly a plane?? Sure.. You will cook your cabin boy. And everything in it...... 4000 watts in 10 x 10, don't respond to this people. Beyond ridiculous.....

5. #25 6951A, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    Don't listen to the people telling you that 4K is too much for a 10X10 canopy.

First off, I didn't see the OP say that his ROOM was 10X10, I saw him say that his canopy limit was 10X10 due to medical marijuana laws.

The OP should know that to grow in a 10X10 total canopy, he will want around 8X8 flowering canopy for something like SOG with limited veg spacing, and in order to grow an 8X8 canopy in a room, the room needs to be larger than that 8X8, I would recommend at least a 12X12 room for your flowering.

If you do what has been suggested here and put 1200-2000 watts over an 8X8 canopy, you will have lack luster results. You will either need to grow within a smaller footprint inside of your 8X8 flowering space, or you will not have enough light intensity over your entire grow area. 2 600s on movers or not are simply not going to cover an 8X8 area, that's 32 square feet per 600 or less than 20 watts per square foot.

As long as you have the money to build your room with all the needed ventilation and/or AC, you will be fine. You are going to need all aircooled, glass sealed hoods, a strong vent fan for your light, and another couple vent fans for exhaust/intake.

Furthermore, if you do this perpetually, you will basically have more like 8 separate 500 watt grows going, allowing you to harvest 500 watts every week. This setup will give you a lot of experience very quickly. 6 months of perpetual harvesting like that will show you nearly 50 different groups of plants going through maturation in flower. It would take you a couple years doing monocrops to see that many groups of flowering plants make it all the way through.

Ignore the naysayers, do your homework, spend the money, youll have a great room.

but be prepared to shell out at least $7,000 on startup to do it right, probably more.

6. Bubbleponic scrog or low stress trainning.

7. He wont be able to perpetuate his grow if he does a big scrog, and if he LSTs large plants to fill his flowering canopy, he will either have to not perpetuate, or spend a lot of his available 100 square feet on vegging space.

Seems if he has 100 total square feet to work with, and he wants an efficient method of growing he needs to spend as little area on veg as possible, while maximizing a perpetual grow system. Hard to beat SOG for doing that.

8. what did you qoute me for? was this intended to me? first off i wasnt talkin to the original started of this thread with this quote... i was talkin to the dude right above me.. if you read the thread you will see that you are pretty much repeating what i said in the first place nerd

10. i got a few pics of my grow room that im posting for the sake of it. like i say, its around 10x10ft it was only ever for the one crop as im moving soon. So, no seperate veg and flower space, just 30 women chillin from cuttings to crop :smoke:

theres now 2400wts in there and these pics were taken on day 35 of flowering

Attached Files:

11. i would put 2 1000 watt bulbs in a 10 x 10. you need a minimum of 2 x 2 feet for the plant to grow to its potential so 20 mature large plants are a good fit and using the standard formula of 100 watts per plant , thats 2000 watts. 4000 here is not out of line.

12. Just from reading parts of this post it sounds like what you should be doing is taking 2 of your 1000 watts and placing them in your 10x10. This is plenty of light if not overkill. While no one could get on here and tell you exactly what weight you will get especially not knowing the strain you are growing. But your best bet is to do a true SOG. THE WAY TO MAXIMIZE ANY AREA IS SOG. What you want to do is shortly after outgrowing your rooter/jiffy cube transplant into anything from a solo to big gulp cup. Lets pretend you chose solo cups. Thats 9 cups per square foot. As soon as they have roots and I would say maybe 2 nodes, you hit them sons a bitches with 12/12. You SHOULD get about a 1/4 ounce from each little plant. For those of you reaching for a calculator that is 2 1/2 oz per foot. This method is a little more time consuming but I recently had an 8x11 which produced about 17 lbs this way. Also you will cut out completely all vegging nutes, and I halfed my flowering nutes because the small plants bud in as little as half the time depending on strain.

Since the goal here is to have minimal crowding and over shadowing so I would choose an indica since they tend to have one centrally located cola which developes first and strongest.
    Hope this helps. Ask me anything if I left it out:smoking: