Most effective way to smoked wax without a rig?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by BongRippaJack, May 4, 2013.

1. #81 Dannyy☆Boyy, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    I'd prefer putting it on a bowl but another useful way is You can take a charcoal that You get for hookas and after its hot just drop a dab on there and use a stra or funnel to catch the smoke.

2. I use an electric stove and a straw. Drop the dab on the red hot stove, and inhale the smoke through a straw. It's ghetto as F but it works.

3. not cool to be name calling bro..u have been a member of gc long enough to know better..you can disagree with someone without being insulting..

and to be fair..he is sharing his method..the thread asked for methods..not safe methods just methods..and pipe screens do not contain chromium..they are designed to be heated up to high temps..

4. You two are the greatest I was looking for a good way to do it and I seen the feed back on this comment had to thank you 2

5. you people know you can eat concentrates right?

• Like Like x 4
  6. my grandmas rig
    extend it with 3/8s allthread to like 18" first then fill the bowl of a hobo pipe with lavarock and heat that bowl red onna gas stove and drop yer dab on the lavarock

7. i want to take some Chocolate Chunk i have and press it with a hair straightener, i was gonna just use some weed to pick up all the concentrate and smoke the whole little sticky hash-nug-thing, does this sound good to you guys? i could buy a quartz nail but i've never dabbed or had any wax so i at least want to try it before i commit to buying something plus i live with my parents and don't want to just have a blowtorch laying around.

8. actually the 'meth pipes' do work fairly well for wax on the go.. just throwin that out there :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  9. MOST effective would be wait and get a rig

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. I love love love to twax joints and sprinkle kief on the wax...[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. also the store term for 'Crack pipes' is oil burner,wouldn't use one personally tho haha dn't want my stoner fam thinking i picked up coke

• Like Like x 1
  12. I actually found this thread after getting some shatter myself and being in the same situation. What I ended up doing was putting a screen (steel in my case) near the top of my bowl, and placing a dab on one side while lighting the other. It hits pretty well imo

13. flosstradamus source orb xl

14. Put your concentrate on a knife in a ball formation, put the knife in the freezer for 45 seconds or a minute then break off the concentrate and stick it in your bowl with alittle bud. Works better the sooner you smoke. This WILL get you more fried than a dab, last longer, hit harder..

You're welcome

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. That seems like a strange and very harsh thing to say. When desperate people will do what ever is necessary to toke their stuff. No one is watching and judging and I see zero reason to write someone off because they use a method I don't like. I think you are way too concerned with appearances. Aluminum is a health hazard and I just hate hot knifing that doesn't mean people who do it are some how lesser beings. It just means they do something you won't do. It has no larger meaning.

One does not become a better or lesser person when they buy a rig.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I think I am going to try the bowl method and let it melt on some mids and it will become dank! Wallaah magic :)

17. I have been experimenting lately because I came across some oil but have no rig, but am also about to move across multiple states in a matter of days and don't want to take illegal stuff with me, so I needed something with minimal investment.

While more associated by now with crack and meth and such, back in the day anyone who had regular enough access to oil to want to try to smoke it by itself would use an oil pipe. That's why they're called that. I picked one up. It does work, but the one I have at least has way too open a draw to be very convenient for me. Maybe if you REALLY load the thing up it would work better, but I was doing single doses. I found covering the opening with a bit of silicone and warming it over a tea candle allowed me to build up plenty of vapor to get a half decent hit - not like what you can get from a dab rig, but enough to get you buzzin for sure.

But I was unsatisfied and feel like I wasted ten bucks. So I remembered my buddy back home who has what he told me was called a Nectar Collector. So I looked those up...expensive! But working along the same principle are dab straws - long glass tubes heated up at one end and then placed directly on the lower edge of your concentrate in a silicone container or something while you "sip" from it like a straw. Cheaper than a dab rig, but I already spent money on the oil pipe and regretted it, so I thought maybe I'd just try to make do with what I already have. So I cleaned up my glass one-hitter, heated up one end of it with a cigar lighter (though I've tried, and while it's sooty a candle or a bic works just fine, too!) and then used it exactly like a shorter version of a dab straw. Guess what? It works awesome, and you can get a glass one-hitter for about five bucks if you don't already have one.

If you want to put it on a bowl, most effective way I've found so far is to take about one hit's worth of herb, toss it in the bottom of a bowl, grab a small amount of the concentrate on the end of a paper clip and just hit it real quick with a lighter and drip the melted stuff onto the weed....perfect little combination herb and oil hit, should be easy enough to finish in one or two hits, to keep from wasting much of it.

18. Dude I will confirm that works, and also that it's super ghetto lol when your last butane lighter goes out at 1am n I wanted to smoke that's exactly what I did lol

19. I might have posted this before...

We used a soldering iron with a new ceramic tip. That fucker hit like a beast. We had a huge run of some really poorly made hash oil. It was like our second time making it and we had huge amounts of trim, sugar leave, stems, everything went into it lol!

It came out terrible and we had just a bit under two ounces of it. No matter what we did with it we couldn't make it smell or taste good. It still got you high like a mother fucker but it was just fuckin horrible other wise.

So we kept it in a big ass mason jar right. And we would bust it out at parties. Plug in the soldering iron, get it nice and hot. Then get a tube (we used all sorts of shit) and suck down your hit.

It hit like a fucking beast and if you weren't carefull it would choke the ever loving fuck out of you. It generated hits so fucking monster you had to ease off. As one person backed away another was right there to continue. Good times....