Most cost efficient nutrients?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pinkpipe, Feb 25, 2010.

1. What are the most cost effective nutrients on the markets? Factoring the recommended supplements, many nutrient programs are fairly expensive. I started looking at Technaflora's Recipe for Success program, and compared to Advanced Nutrients Sensi, Grow Micro Bloom, and Organic programs. For my 6 plant system, prices ranged from $60 for just Sensi Grow/Bloom to closer to $200 with all of AN's recommended nutrients and supplements.

I'm growing for myself in a closet with 6-7 plants. What is the best deal for the money with nutrient programs?

2. I don't know if you can find it locally, but I use Maxsea Seaweed ferts, they make an all purpose and a bloom, I get good results with it, and it's not super expensive.

3. Thanks, dirtnap. Do you add supplements to that, or is it all in one?

4. i use Earth Juice - Grow / Bloom... maybe $30 for a quart of both, enough to grow about 10 monster plants...

all kinds of good stuff in it... I also find myself using a good bit of Maxicrop Kelp Extract and Superthrive, both of which are relatively cheap...

alternatively... for $16 or so you can get a small bag of mexican and jamaican bat guano and mix it into the soil, top dress for flowering, and make teas out of it...

so really it depends on what all you need it to do...

5. I was thinking about the Earth Juice. How is the smell? I'm using DWC systems right now. I'm not opposed to using dirt, but hydro seems easier for me inside.

I tried Biolink at the beginning, and that stuff was NASTY. The whole house smelled like sour molasses with a faint hint of manure. It foamed like crazy and made some sort of biological jello on any surface it could stick to. The stuff wasn't slime, or sludge. It was like a kombucha scoby. Thick, rubbery, and generally disgusting. Imagine chunks of this all over your net pots and roots. Barf. :eek:

[​IMG]

6. There are SO MANY options out there for you. I generally do not use extra additive when I grow anything. They do make a difference but you have to weigh the advanages to see if they are worth the money to use. Some will only make a VERY small difference. I use General Hydro bloom and veg.

Chris Higgins
    chiggins@hydro-unlimited.com
    Hydro-Unlimited.Com Owner
    BS Horticulture

7. #7 Autoflower, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2010
    are you in hydro? If so there is only one answer for you my friend GENERAL HYDROPONICS **LUCAS FORMULA** google it and you should find a ton used by many growers to me its the most user friendly system. And by the way pinkpipe please dont post that picture again made me just want to puke lol

8. General Hydro = General Hydroponics. They are VERY COST effective, while there are better nutrient out there, you WILL pay the price for them.

9. well... the smell of earth juice... the grow smells like shit and looks like a chocolate malt... the bloom smells like puke and looks like it too...

i didn't say the shit smelled good said it grows good herb...

but then again i've never messed with hydroponics besides watching a friend's setup while he was out of town...

I do hear Advanced is the way to go, as they tailor their products for weed cultivation... it's what my friend uses... and from what he produces i'd say it's worth the money... big hashy plants, not that chemically tasting...

i like the taste of mine better every year but his puts me on the floor

10. mmmm... pancakes.... :smoking:

11. For soil i use roots organic budda bloom and budda veg. Really great stuff at a nice prce too. And its harder to overfeed on the organic nutes and less likely to affect pH