Most Addictive Substance

Discussion in 'General' started by StickyxLover, May 7, 2006.

1. Whats the most addictive substance on Earth? My friend told me that it was nicotine but i really doubt that.

2. 1. nicotene, fast and deep hook.

2. crack is the most "addictive" as in its the fastest addiction out there to catch.

3. heroin is probably the toughest to quit, once the hook is set.

3. ive read that before too. i think i believe it. i skimmed the wikipedia article on nicotine but didnt see any stats like that.

4. Herion is the most addictive illegal drug.. that shit will kill you so quick.

5. Google is saying nicotine.

6. Wow i rly never thought nicotine would be more addictive then meth or heroine. Well i guess i was wrong.

7. That's America for ya.

8. hahahah it took me a while to get that.

9. On average that may be true, but I have smoked ciggerettes to the face getting tons of nicotine in my system done for many years on occasion, yet I am not addicited and smoke a cig maybe once every 6 months. However I have been deeply addicted to cocaine after one night of use, it was the worst come down ever and to this day I cannot think about the stuff without wanting to sell my own mother to get it!

10. Wierd... I've smoked on and off for 4 years, and routinely go weeks between packs... does that mean I'm immune to addiction or something? Doubt it but it's weird to think that I've never felt a craving for it.

11. You're lucky. I've only boughten 5(?) packs in my life and I have a slight addiction.

12. Like others have said also....I have smoked ciggs on and off for a couple years and I've never felt a craving for them...so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones not to get addicted to it.

13. For me it BooBies, I can't get enough of them. :hello:

14. same here thats y i dont get how its so addictive.

15. I don't care what Google says. Heres how I see it- Nicotine can be quit without professional treatment. Heroin can't.

16. In my opinion I think either meth or heroin is the most addictive

17. Its not as easy to gain a nicotine addiction as compared to heroin. Its supposedly harder to quit the developed nicotine addiction than a heroin addiction. (after years of the pack-a-day scenario)

18. I wonder if maybe nicotine, gram for gram, is the most addictive, but maybe there just isn't that much of it in tobacco, whereas maybe with H or meth, you're getting a bigger dose, so even if it's less addictive per unit, it's still more addictive because you're using more.

I'm just thinking out loud, I have no idea if the above is true.

19. well i think "most addictive" here is just talking in terms of the reward serotonin release effect... i tend to aggree that no matter what scientists say, crack, coke, heroin, meth, etc, are all a lot more physically painful to quit.

20. here's how i see it - Every person' biology is different. people react different to drugs.

oh and, they dont really have gum or patches for heroin at Walgreens. so theyre gonna need to go to a center.

Joint - thats exactly it man, ive written a few essays on this.

most of what is in a cig is additive and filler, ever pull that shit out and look at it?

does that shit even look or smell or taste like a real tobacco leaf?