Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mosquitos

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RedeyeJedii, Jun 27, 2011.

1. .....

Do mosquitos get high when they drink my blood?

:yummy: <-- Me

2. ask mythbusters! :p

3. I don't know, Try it.

4. i would imagine they probably do. come to think of it, they're probably stealing valuable thc out of our bloodstreams.

fuckin mosquitos.

5. They'd have to have cannabinoid receptors in their brains.. I'm not sure if they do or not, but hopefully they do. :)

6. yeah for them to feel it.. doesnt mean they arent stealing it. lol

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-SZ20t4ld8&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Mosquito Sucks Tobasco - 2010 Superbowl Commercial‬‏[/ame]

8. I like to think of it as sharing the wealth.. but only if they do get high from it. haha. oh well. I highly doubt the amount they "steal" effects our high anyways.

9. i dont wanna share shit with a mosquito. haha

10. doubt mosquitoes have the receptors necessary to use the thc

11. well, if you really think about it, i don't see any real reason why we would have cbd/thc receptors and mosquitos wouldn't. i mean, neither species had any real evolutionary use for them (that i know of).

12. Mosquitoes never even match dude, wtf...

13. haha that would be kinda weird if they did. kinda weird indeed.

14. Against the rules. Can't talk about getting animals high.

:p

15. That's too bad... I got this fly baked one time, had a mostly smoked, black, charred up nug sitting on a soda can and a fly landed on it, started eating off the nug, fell asleep, started staggering around after 5 minutes, and walked into the hole of the can and fell in.

I didn't mean for the fly to get high though, it was more like he stole from me, so that's not against the rules, right?

16. That's a common misconception. Mammals evolved the endocannabinoid system and it's receptors long before man ever used cannabis. The natural cannabinoids our bodies produce were around long before we figured out pot would get us high. They do various things from moderation of the immune system to pain control.

17. i was just studying cannabinoids and the receptors the other day. really interesting stuff. apparently we produce our own thc like shit in our brain..im sure its much more complicated than that but yeah.. cool shit

18. anadamide dood. yea its really interesting stuff.

19. damn, i knew someone like you would come along and do that, luckily that's why i put "(that i know of)" in my post :p

20. Man, a 2-page thread about mosquitoes getting high.

[​IMG]