Mosquitos vs Heat Stroke

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Wocka, Jun 2, 2012.

1. So were i adventure around in the forest there are sooo many fucking mosquitos the only way to chill out there and work out is to have long sleeves/pants with boots and something covering the neck n ears, like a tshirt slip.

but i ran into a worse problem it gets hot in my "mosquito suit"

so hot i had to get out of there to avoid heat stroke..

so now im not sure what to do, wear lighter fitting clothes, short and pants and wear heavy mosquito repellent, natural kind hopefully. but there are so many mosquitos i dont even think this repellent will work. these are like bionic squiters.

anyone ever run into this problem with mosquitos? do those lil portable fan units that u attach at the waist work?

2. Maybe uncomfy and not practical, but you could wet yourself/clothing down before heading in.

3. This has been working pretty well for me. Even though it's organic I still do like patrio said and spray it on my clothes mostly instead of on my skin. But it isn't supposed to be harmful at all. They also have a mosquito fogger you could try. Stay safe. :)

4. yep. OFF.

I dont have mosquito's bad but i have ticks. when i come back from my plants i pick 15-20 ticks off. I still get them on my clohtes but the OFF keeps them from digging in to me.

5. They have Mosquitos plants that u oils plant around your spot. They smell like those off candles and work well. Also off make a thing u can clip on your belt loops that keep away those bitches.. I use them hunting and work pretty good.

6. i figured after i broke into a sweat i would be damp and cool down, but this stupid ass outfit i had accually holds in heat i think, it doesnt breathe easily at all. i dont know what kinda material it is. i need something like under armor maybe.. hmm. or i might just load up with bug spray and say fuck it and go with short clothes, or even shirtless cuz its so dam hot

when you are spraying the repellent onto ur clothes are u wearing short sleeves/shorts? i dont like spraying onto skin either, last time i sprayed my neck and ears cuz i was getting bombed, it seemed to make my face hot. i was thinking about that mosquito fan but they say u have to use it within 2 weeks of initial use, so if i go out there once a month its not really worth it..

7. [quote name='"Wocka"']i figured after i broke into a sweat i would be damp and cool down, but this stupid ass outfit i had accually holds in heat i think, it doesnt breathe easily at all. i dont know what kinda material it is. i need something like under armor maybe.. hmm. or i might just load up with bug spray and say fuck it and go with short clothes, or even shirtless cuz its so dam hot

when you are spraying the repellent onto ur clothes are u wearing short sleeves/shorts? i dont like spraying onto skin either, last time i sprayed my neck and ears cuz i was getting bombed, it seemed to make my face hot. i was thinking about that mosquito fan but they say u have to use it within 2 weeks of initial use, so if i go out there once a month its not really worth it..[/quote]

Dude those fans things are like 8 bucks. Heat stoke vs 8 dollars x 5 of them u will need for the year. I would rather spend 50 bucks on bug repellant than go through another second of that suit u wear

8. Try eating a low sugar diet for a couple days before going out. Skeeters love that sweet smelling sweat. I dont drink soda or eat junk food. I dont wear any repellent in the woods and bugs tend not to bother me. Maybe I sweat a natural repellent? LOL. I mean occasionally a skeeter will try to me and end up smashed quick but I never get ate up like most people do.

VOO

9. im not going in with that suit again thats for sure, i didnt think it would be so hot.

10. Get a loose fitting mesh bug net/jacket to wear. You might be able to get away with a tahirt or long sleeve tshirt then. If the bug net is too tight they can still biet through it.

Other than that just douse yourself in bugspray, you dont have much choice unfortuneatly

11. #11 Wocka, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
    i need to find this special one, it was a light blue bottle, it had picaridin as the main ingredient. it accually smelt not bad at all. the one i have now is heavy,

i accually was looking at dicks sporting goods and they make a mosquito net leggings and top shirt, i might try this out!