Mosaic virus or nute deficient??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mckwoods, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Hi there, i seem to be dealing with a deficiency or some sort of PH or nutrient lockout.
    I've tried countless methods to ail the plants here over the passed few weeks and nothing seems to work.

Im currently growing 3 plants indoors in soil and the plants are two months old
    The strains are Purple bud and Girl scout cookie
    The soil is Pro Mix HP with added perlite and the plants are currently in 20L pots
    The room temperature and humidity hovers around 25C and 70%
    I have 4x 45w T5 fluorescents and a 1000w LED full spectrum light on the plants, the LED is 35" from the plants and the fluorescents are 3-4" away
    Root PH of affected plant is 6.4 and im using tap water thats sat out for 24h with a ph of 6.5. I have normally been feeding every other watering and have been using BioThrive, CalMag and epsom salts at regular doses.

The plant in question was first planted in black earth soil with very little perlite and the soil was not draining properly, taking a week or more to dry out. I was told the roots might not be taking in any nutrients because of the lack of oxygen to the root system. I only water when the top few inches of soil drys out. The plant was showing signs of nutrient burn, with the leaf tips turning yellow then brown so ive flushed the plant a few times now with ph adjusted clean water which seemed to remedy the problem

I did an emergency transplant here a week ago and switched the soil out with the pro mix HP and added some extra perlite.

Since then the nutrient burn cleared up but i started seeing brown rusty patches on most of the big fan leaves on the plant making me think it was calcium or potassium deficient,, Ive fed it twice now with double strength CalMag and Biothrive and the plant has since been getting alot worse with almost every fan leaf affected.

Attached Files:

2. Affected plant is purple bud, the GSC is growing perfectly in the same environment. Yellow tips on leaves have only just recently re-develloped in my efforts to ail the plant.

3. Cold very cold with slight nute burn

anthrocyline builds up in the leaves and stems when temps drop too far

thats the red sap

keep up ur temps more so at lights off

avoid feeding for 2 weeks or flush 3 times the pot volume with air temp ph'ed water

good luck

4. The room temp is at 25°c or 77°F, but now that you mention that, I am in the basement here and the soil does seem pretty cool compared to the room temp on the non insulated floor. That and the fact that the GSC, being more indica dominant doesnt seem to be having any issues at all

5. Insulate you pots from the floor

6. Did a bit more research and im wondering if it could be tobacco mosaic virus or some other type of virus, any input is appreciated.

Attached Files:

7. That light color with the curling leaf is indeed TMV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk