Mortal Kombat

Discussion in 'Movies' started by PsychoHorse, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Damm, I highered. :smoking: lol.
    Just listening to some Iron Maiden.
    And remembering how cool it was to see a Mortal Kombat Live Action Movie at the theater in 1995. I was 16 years old. I was a straight edger. I didn't even take pain pills. So movies were my drugs. And that movie was a good drug.
    Now, to get my DVD copy and up convert to the HDTV...
    Maybe tomorrow, I'm getting wasted on this new batch I picked up yesterday. :smoking:

2. Man Mortal Kombat is a golden oldie!!

3. #3 Doctor Strange, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
    I think this gets a bad rep to be honest. It does everything you really need. Awesome fight scenes. Obviously it's not some classic must see but it's decent. Godawful acting everywhere but what would you expect, it's a martial arts film not Pride and Prejudice.

Definitely one of the best videogame adaptations so far. It's a hell of a lot better than the Street Fighter live action films.

The sequel was just plain awful though.

4. I really enjoyed watching those Mortal Kombat webisodes on YouTube. Wish they would make a full length movie from the series. Loved the Raiden episode. Think ima watch that one right now.

5. They are making a feature film. By the same people as the webisodes but it's gonna be an original story rather than a follow on. The web series was awesome so it'd be cool to see it on the big screen but it will still be cool to see what they can do with better resources, I'm guessing a lot of stuff will be reused from the series.

6. Apart from being utterly ridiculous, it's almost okay. Kevin Tancharoen at least has a vision worth waiting for.

7. Oh! I didn't know there were webisodes of Mortal Kombat! Will have to look 'em up! :)

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYEMKjpr3uA&list=PLBCE28FA347D274CB]Orbital - Halcyon + On + On - YouTube[/ame]

i remember the soundtrack. shitty movie though.

9. I liked that film a lot