Morrowind

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Chronic Juggalo, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Any one else play?:confused:

2. Yeah I dooo [​IMG]

3. You would need to post this in the gamers forum. Not everything but.

4. I AM THE TRUE NEREVARINE!

Ha, I used to play that game so fucking much that I literally knew more than the strategy guide for it. Go get the shiny armor from the guy in the basement of Ebonhart castle. You have to swim in the moat and find the secret door to get to him. You can get it, as long as you're good enough at fighting right as you start the game, and its the best armor you'll come across all game long.

5. My bad on where I posted. JOIN MY SOCIAL GROUP!!

6. Haha I just hooked up an old Xbox hoping to find Morrowind GOTY edition. Unfortunately, not many places sell OG Xbox games anymore. Forget Morrowind and Oblivion, Skyrim should be that GAME.

7. that game is SO confusing, i end up going to anoher city and getting ass raped by some all powerful mage, or usually like a fucking monk!:mad:

8. Heres hoping. But from what I've seen of the series so far, they only get worse as time goes on.

Arena, I never played enough to judge honestly, Daggerfall was ridiculously good (especially for its time), Morrowind was awesome, Oblivion was just alright. Lets see what Skyrim has to bring to the table.

9. I still play. For the box and PC.

10. Damn son I'm reinstalling that shit right away!

Anyone know of any mods to change how the marksman skill works? It is seriously fail in Morrowind...

11. Ive just reached 22 with my redguard and no I wish I knoew of a marksman skill mod.:(

12. I try to play it nowadays but I just cant get into it anymore, even with overhaul mods. The combat animations are just so dated, it draws too much appeal from the game. I always start playing morrowind, shut if off after I take the strider to balmora, then fire up oblivion.

13. I got the exact same problem, but the other way round.

Every time I try to play Oblivion I can't help but notice how dumbed down (or focused as some would say) it is compared to Morrowind. I mean shit like a quest arrow that points to whereever you gotta go whenever you gotta go there draws too much appeal from the game for me. I liked how in Morrowind you'd have to follow a townspersons directions to find places and sometimes spend hours backtracking 'cause you got distracted by a cave with some shiny loot in along the way.

Also the leveling system kinda sucks, far too simplified and if you don't level up right the enemies get way more powerful than you, and because most loot is leveled you cant use better equipment to gain the advantage.

Gotta say though, Oblivions combat mechanics are much better than Morrowinds, especially marksman, in Morrowind it's laughably awkward.

Damn, that turned into a rant, better end on a good note...

... SKYRIMS GUNNA RULE!

14. fuck yeah, from everything I hear its like the best of morrowind and oblivion combined, shit is gunna be unreal

15. Yeah I totally agree with you on oblivion. But if you play it for the pc you can load it up with mods that totally overhaul the gameplay but leave the combat mechanics intact. I have more creatures, level capped creatures, more wild animals, more weapons and armor, realistic arrow flight, hard bosses with good loot drops, etc.

16. Unfortunatley when Oblivion came out my PC was nowhere near powerful enough to run it, so I opted for the modless 360 version :( I'm pretty willing to buy the PC version now though, after reading your post it sounds like theres a mod to fix everything I don't like about the game.

Are there any particular mods you'd reccomend? I mean I'm really not familiar with the Oblivion modding scene, I play Morrowind on PC with mods but I dunno where to start with Oblivion :/

17. Someone posted this a while ago, I'm not sure how old it is because I've never actually tried it. Has a lot of suggestions though.

Attached Files:

18. How could you say Oblivion was just alright?? The scenery itself paid the 60 dollars. The gameplay was amazing, although the Main Questline was fast and mediocre, the game itself is amazing. It's almost as you are depersonalized playing it, like the game feels real.

19. Still playing in anticipation of Skyrim. My dunmer just left Ald Ruhn and is headed torward the remote island of Vas to take care of a Necromancer.