Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

morphine-cannabis combo may boost painkilling response

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MMJNoob, Aug 14, 2008.

1. morphine-cannabis combo may boost painkilling response
    08-13-2008 | NewsPostOnline.Com

U.S. researchers have come up with an idea of using the combination of morphine and cannabis so as to better the painkilling responses.

Joseph Holtman and Peter Crooks at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine in Lexington say that teaming them up could allow doses to become smaller, reducing the possibility of addiction.

However, combining the drug had some drawbacks, reports New Scientist. A simple mixture of the drugs produces unpredictable results because the body absorbs them at different rates.

To overcome that limitation, the researchers came up an idea of binding the two drugs together using a linking molecule such as an ester. When the body snips this linking group, both drugs are released at the site where they are needed.

That should ensure both drugs would be absorbed at the same rate, making it easier to work out doses for patients.

2. I could have told you that.

3. Any thoughts?

4. I think this is pretty interesting. I'm entering the field of pharmaceutical engineering in college, and I'd definately like to see where researchers can take this.

5. i been doing both for a while andi can honestly say

that if u inject diacetyl morphine you go numb hehehehe

6. Take some Diphenhydramine with it. It will boost the feeling of the morphine because it allows more to be metabolized in the liver, thus, more in your bloodstream.