Morning Glories

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Project ICE, Sep 1, 2012.

1. I wish pot plants grew like morning glories....

6 seeds in a 2 square foot area

3 months later....

20 square meters of growth

2. lol, wouldnt that be nice...

3. i might actually plant some in my greenhouse next year to cover up some soil....

4. Morning glories are my favorite flower to grow! Heavenly blues all winter inside under lights, It's almost like you can watch them climb they grow so fast.

5. the ones i have are a purplish pink, deep blue, and a dark purple..

great colors....and definatly a filler

6. My brother covers his outdoor parrot/ lovebird aviary with the dark purple morning glories and bamboo... Most chill spot to blaze in my neighborhood haha, feels like your in a rain forest with all the birds

7. omg i would love that...

8. I'll do my best to get some pictures up

9. That would be nice. im always looking at ways to improve my yard....i really want to grow morning glories against my back fence....which faces a public baseball field....

do you know of anything else that has a really good fill?

maybe something that grows back every year (not sure if morning glories do)

not bushes or hedges though

10. If left unchecked I know that the Purple/ Native white morning glories will spread like wildfire every year. If your looking for something ornamental you could try dutchmans pipe, or if your looking for strictly cover you could try some wild concord grapes, Which grow on every free inch of climable branches around me (north east), both of which have little trouble living through winter.

11. i have fence like this.....4.5 feet high....

[​IMG]

that i want COMPLETELY covered

12. grapes are a good perennial option
    also there is something called, I THINK chocolate vine that smell like chocolate and have tapioca flavored fruits

morning glories are medicinal, edible and pychoactive though... esp the morning blue:)

13. my dog eats the flowers....but only the blue ones.....strange....

But yeah....i dont care what i put there.....there are a few small trees/bushes there now.....i just want to fully cover the fence so nobody can see in....

little kids always fuckin with my dogs

14. I would go grapes, you can buy some little guys at like lowes or homedepot but I would go for wild if you can, the fruits not great and kinda sour but it grows like a mofo

15. Who knew?! and to think I've been growing them inside for almost two years now ;););)

16. What happens if i cant get to the grapes to pick them?

its like 4 feet through stuff to get to the fence....

17. Well its not gunna hurt anything, They'll just get eaten up by sparrows and mice probably. I'm gunna bust out my camera tomorow and show you my vineyard and the parrot aviary.. Me and my dad are kind of fanatics lol

18. haha ok

EDIT: btw im sorry about what happened to your grow man. its a real shame

19. Fuckin blows yo just getting over it now haha, Iv'e got every summer from now till I die to grow so eventually I gotta get away with it haha

20. there is a "chocolate plant" or vine. i've been told by two who grew them that when they bloom it fills the room with the smell of chocolate.