Mormons...?

Discussion in 'General' started by Collie_man420, Nov 9, 2008.

1. My girlfriend was born and raised in a Mormon family with a Mormon lifestyle. That's right church every Sunday, prayer before dinner, choir, church band. She is 17 going on 18, and I am 19. She smokes, did before she met me, we've been dating for quite sometime. I don't believe in God, I have read most religious texts that can be gathered, (books on Buddhism, Bible, satanic Bible,Koran, ect..) and all froms of religion make me feel uncomfortable and I can barely stomach church. This brings to my point, her mother asked me to go to church with them this Sunday, she knows I'm not a believer, but I felt obligated to accept. Wtf am i supposed to expect? should I back out? I'm just looking for opinions/other information/rant

Also should I blaze before....hmm so much to consider

2. Expect to be bored. I occasionally go to church even though my parents know I dont believe. You have read about their beliefs, now you can hear it first hand

3. My best friend is mormon and he goes to church for 3 hours every sunday.

Maybe you should just be honest with the family and say it makes you feel uncomfortable. Its always important to be yourself while living an authentic life.

4. Thats true, but Im sure her mother would be offended and her grandmother (a missionary of 30 years). So ill probably just bitch and moan and complain and want to back out and put up for it just this once. The things i do for women:smoking:

5. Tell them you have to go start your own cult on Sundays.