Mormon History For Those Interested

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by emceecombs, Jul 18, 2013.

1. If you are like me (which given percentages, you probably aren't, though if you opened this thread maybe you are), then you may have grown up in the LDS or Mormon church and always felt boxed in or judged or treated like a sinner, patronized, etc. You may also have feelings of guilt if you believe the Mormon church is true, but it is needless.

So basically what I want to say is this: the LDS church teaches you one thing about its origins and history, but evidence shows otherwise. When I ran into what the church calls "antimormon" literature it set me free. Growing up I thought I was going to hell because I thought I had denied the holy ghost (not necessarily a belief restricted to mormons), and I clutched onto anything that might say otherwise. On top of that, I was a bit of an early bloomer when it came to sexuality, man at that age I didn't even know what I was fucking doing. So you can see why I would feel so totally fucked in a mormon community, and why learning the truth about the church kind of set me free in a way. I'm much happier than I've ever been since unofficially leaving the church (never officially "resigned). There is way too much info on the subject of Mormon history, so I won't go in detail over it, but if any questioning mormons or interested observers are out there just google mormonthink.

Also feel free to call me out, share mormon stories, etc. And always look for proof, credits, sources, and evidence that backs up claims on sites such as that! Mormonthink is actually pretty reliable, but something occasionally slips in.