More to the Human Brain...

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Inexpsyphy, Jun 13, 2011.

1. On average, a person only uses about 10%, now what do you think would happen if we unlocked more percentage? Throughout history anybody who tried going beyond norms by learning something special were cast down as witches/wizards, freaks, etc. by society most likely due to jealousy and bewilderment. If you read up on history you can find out about some people who had some interesting feats; and even to this day there are some crazy things that we as people do. Now, just imagine practices of magic and different abilities were accepted throughout history and we actually came to use them as a sociological norm. :O I think human potential has been greatly reduced because of oppression and the day-to-day splendors we have to endure to live. I think human beings are much more interesting than what we can physically see.

2. It's the TV dude. It's dumbing everyone down. That's why i dont watch it anymore =]

3. that 10 percent thing is a myth. we use roughly 10% of our brain at a time because there's no need to use the other parts for the activity you're doing.

4. A myth? I wouldn't say that so confidently, lol. Of course it doesn't apply to all. I'd love to see what comes out of using a good chunk of it.

5. No, I mean, I wouldn't say it's a myth as there's some pretty fucking stupid people out there - good read though.

6. Those "pretty fucking stupid" people still use the same amount of brain.

7. Probably not, unless the 10% is used for involuntary functions necessary to stay alive.

8. That's what the entire article on wikipedia talks about... you read it, right?

9. The entire article talks about how the 10% serves for involuntary function? Oh. I thought it was about how we use only 10% of our brains for everything we do - who knows if it's even viable though, it is wikipedia... :rolleyes:

10. Okay, well your belief that we only use 10% of our brains is based completely on hearsay and propaganda. You cannot provide any evidence that this myth is true. The wikipedia article is heavily sourced if there are parts of it you doubt.

Believe what you want, homeslice.

11. #12 Inexpsyphy, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
    Dude you're stupid, you're starting a debate because I jokingly said I wouldn't say it's completely a myth - are you saying there are not stupid people out there? Damn. The thread is about the 10% myth entirely, I said that I believe there's the ability to unlock more. But you know what, I kind of like you DirtySix, you're a perfect example of a stupid person that portrays themselves as intelligent and it's one of my biggest petpeeves - perhaps I can learn to overcome this petpeeve through you.

No need for the name calling. Mat369