More Than Half Of All Americans Are At Least Partially Dependent On The Government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Aug 23, 2012.

1. This Chart Showing Welfare Dependency Will Ruin Your Day | TheBlaze.com

Add to that 46 million seniors collecting Medicare (subtracting out about 10 million on Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, and other senior-eligible programs already included in Sessions' means-tested chart) and 22 million government employees at the federal, state, and local level - and suddenly, over 165 million people, a clear majority of the 308 million Americans counted by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2010, are at least partially dependents of the state.

2. Hey man we need MOAR government spending and MOAR government! :rolleyes:

3. Indeed...You know, I was walking around the house the other day, went to the bathroom and looked around and said to myself, "You know! *laughs, slaps knee* I don't even have a CAMERA in my BATHROOM yet!"...silly me.

It's just weird not being surveilled by our protective friend, the government. I need someone to keep an eye on my bathroom, incase Al Queda stumbles into my neck of the woods.......

Seriously, this is bullshit.

4. #5 DrLingIsKing, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    Any government that has the ability to provide for their people has the power to take everything away. This is just setting up for a disaster, it shows how enslaved Americans are without even fucking realizing it.

5. [​IMG]

coming to soon to ebay.

6. Lol is this the new thing on the internet these days, call everything even with legit sources a conspiracy theory. Whats next there was no economic crises thats just a conspiracy theory? If you have an article discounting my OP then post it slick.

7. That's what baboonbama wants.

8. Yes, we live in a society where we have civil employees, retirement funds, and we offer assistance to those who need it. There's no conspiracy there.

9. The welfare is sad. I know some people on welfar who sit on their ass all day. As far as I know they have no dissability. Same people with the shitty suv with fake ass oversized rims. I see no solution. I work for the money in my pocket. So I'll just keep doin that any maybe someone will figure this mess out.

10. [quote name='"thatrooper515"']The welfare is sad. I know some people on welfar who sit on their ass all day. As far as I know they have no dissability. Same people with the shitty suv with fake ass oversized rims. I see no solution. I work for the money in my pocket. So I'll just keep doin that any maybe someone will figure this mess out.[/quote]

I work in a grocery store and I would say half of our sales are food stamps alone. Plus, majority of those also buy tons of lottery tickets -____-

In our deli, we deep fry chicken and chill it for people with food stamps. They can also buy soda, cookies, cakes, etc. Pretty much everything terrible and cheap. None of them get decent food. And a lot of times, the mom (sometimes dad) carts around 3-5 kids.

11. A lot of wealthy people sit on their ass all day, making money on the interest from their fat bank accounts that they pay no taxes on, while middle class people who actually DO work hard every day, are taxed at 20-30%.

THAT is welfare.

12. #13 garrison68, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012

Some wealthy people may sit on their ass all day, but I doubt that many of them live off the extremely low interest that savings banks pay. You have to invest, and most of the time you will pay taxes, such as for capital gains and others for various stocks and bonds.

Also, if these white, middle class people working people you mentioned handled their money correctly, as I did during the latter period of my working life, they too could retire young and not have to work until they drop dead. I'm not "wealthy" by today's standards, but I don't have to work.

Thirdly, if I went back to work it would simply eliminate another job for somebody that really needs it. I don't want to put somebody out of work, especially since I'd rather stay home in my rented, pre-War apartment, and engage in things that I enjoy.

13. [quote name='"Penelope420"']

A lot of wealthy people sit on their ass all day, making money on the interest from their fat bank accounts that they pay no taxes on, while middle class people who actually DO work hard every day, are taxed at 20-30%.

THAT is welfare.[/quote]

You obviously don't know what capital is. Penelope open a business and politely stfu

14. LMFAO! The difference is they don't do it with taxpayer money. and no that is not welfare AT ALL. Now bailing out GMC thats corporate welfare. But people living off there own money being termed welfare thats ridiculous.

15. My husband and are are taxed federally at a rate of 28%. We are squarely in the middle class. Those government employees (who work every day) who you think "depend" on the government are likely taxed at a similar rate. Those elderly people on medicare? They most likely paid a lot more then that for their entire working lives.

Mitt Romney- if we are to believe him- paid a tax rate of 13%

Of course that's welfare. Independently wealthy people depend on the government just as much as anyone else. Mittens uses the same exact government resources that I do (if not more), and without those resources he would not be the billionaire that he is today. And he sure as hell uses more resources then people getting a few hundred dollars a month for food subsidies- who you are so quick to label as lazy, moochers, thieves, etc. even though you know absolutely nothing about their status or how much they've paid in taxes over their lives.

And we are not in massive debt because of the mythical welfare queens and the elderly.

16. Welfare is a government benefit. Not a entitlement as many people think. There are a lot of people on Welfare that are completely able to work but are not for some reason... Around here many can not gets jobs because of all the illegals taking them for low, under the table pay. Then there are the ones who game the system with excuses like no child care, I don't trust anyone else with my child, or I am injured. I had a desk partner get pink eye and a Dr told her not to go to work for 4 days. When she returned she had the same Dr give a person in her caseload a off work order for 6 months. Wanta guess what the person had? That's right, pink eye. The Drs are also part of the problem, they too are gaming the system. The Drs will bill the system for appointments that the (pink eye)patient never had so they can make more money for no work. In this case the Dr was busted, but nothing happen as in a penalty. He just had to stop all the BS billing.
    A real joke...

17. Without Medicare/caid and disability I would be dead so I'm not complaining

18. How much taxes somebody pays is IRRELEVANT. THe Income tax is theft so just because somebody is being robbed less (percentage wise) then you does not make them moochers lol. Besides the wealthy pay (get robbed) more taxes as a total then you or I. And as for your last statement they all contributed to it, but the wars are definitely the bills with the biggest price tag.

19. A lot of people could pay lower taxes if they knew how.

It's not like mitt romney is doing anything illegal.

He's just putting his money away in a more efficient way than you.