More than 2 billion plants would have yielded about 50 tons of hashish....

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Leapfrog, Aug 15, 2009.

1. I came across this in Turkish news:

Giant cannabis field destroyed - Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Giant cannabis field destroyed

Monday, August 10, 2009
    DİYARBAKIR - Agence France-Presse

[​IMG]

Gendermarie troops have destroyed a giant cannabis field near the Iranian border, uprooting more than 2 billion plants, security sources said Monday.
    The operation -- described by one official as "the largest single seizure of cannabis" in Turkey -- began last week following intelligence about cannabis cultivation in a mountainous area outside the village of Hasanbey in Van province, located in the southeast of the country.
    The troops came across hundreds of acres planted with cannabis and hundreds of soldiers were called in to destroy the field.
    The clearance took five days and more than 2 billion plants were uprooted, the sources said.
    The crop would have yielded about 50 tons of hashish worth some 50 million Turkish Liras, they said.
    An investigation was launched to find the growers.
    Cannabis cultivation is widespread in southeastern Turkey, where the rough mountainous terrain makes it easier for growers to evade the law.
    The province of Van also lies on a major route of heroin smuggling from Afghanistan to the West.

2. oh so not cool.

3. 2 billion plants? shit :eek: i hope hash prices don't go up lol.

4. Assholes.

Let the poor plants grow and mature...

So I could smoke them. :(

5. This is bad..

Especially when you live in Europe, and smoke nothing but hash :(

But then again, if 2 billion plants are destroyed - then somewhere else, 2 billion plants have been planted :)

6. I doubt there was two BILLION plants there. Thats a fucking shit ton of weed.

7. It's not impossible. Those mountain ranges stretch as far as the eye can see, and a cannabis plant doesn't take up much space.

8. 2 billions plants!!!!! who the fuck was like...oh ok...1...2...3...4...fuck it theres like 2 billion!

9. 2 Billion.... Its hard to wrap your mind around that.

10. cause they totally counted 2 billion plants.. between say 200 soldiers that would mean each soldier counted and uprooted 10 million plants....

11. Guys...some of those statements are just silly...:rolleyes:

No one went and counted ALL plants...it's done by counting the amount of plants per a few sample plots and then averaging the results over the entire area.

:)

12. Idk, but they had to have been high. They were counting and prolly reached like, 1000 an were like "fuck this, its taking too long, call it 2 billion"

lmao

13. [quote name='LoserKid420']2 billions plants!!!!! who the fuck was like...oh ok...1...2...3...4...fuck it theres like 2 billion![/QUOTE

hahahah lmao that is exactly what they did.

14. thats a fuckin country size, amount

its could actually be considered a nation whos only population consists of hash plant

15. If that's true that means there's like 1 plant for every three people IN THE WORLD. I can't stand when they make guesses like this.

16. Fuck ever single person who helped pull those plants.

17. Fun thing about what they just killed. Could of been hemp and they thought it was used for hash.

See they just destroyed some guys hemp garden.THATS FUCKING bull shit!.

but 2 billion plants in filling hundreds of achers. that weed would be a headach to smoke. good thing it was being called "used for hashish" That is a good thing.

BuT all that hemp that could of been used. to make clothes, oils, paper, fuels. rope. and everything else. Damn...

that farmer is going to be PISSED!

18. Imagine how sticky their hands would have been after pulling up two billion plants.

19. I bet they were stuffing thier pockets with it...I know I woulda been :D

20. i feel for the ex-stoner in that group of cops who had to pull all those plants