More Texas Activism!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Storm Crow, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Is Texas going to S_L_O_W_L_Y legalize cannabis city by city and work their way down to the small towns? :confused_2: Looks like that may be the way to get it done in Texas!

Texas Activists Submit Signatures To Put Marijuana Decriminalization, Police Reform And Abortion Rights On San Antonio Ballot
    Texas Activists Submit Signatures To Put Marijuana Decriminalization, Police Reform And Abortion Rights On San Antonio Ballot

Texas activists have turned in more than 37,000 signatures to place a measure on the San Antonio ballot in May to decriminalize marijuana, prevent the enforcement of abortion restriction laws and ban no-knock warrants.

A coalition of advocacy groups—including Ground Game Texas, SA Stands and the Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC)—secured the signatures about three months after launching the local reform campaign.

This builds on the activist-led cannabis decriminalization movement that Ground Game has spearheaded in cities across the Lone Star state. Major cities like Austin have already enacted decriminalization locally at the ballot, and voters passed the reform in five other Texas cities this past November.

Now advocates are positioned to get the “San Antonio Justice Charter Initiative” before voters in the second largest city in Texas by population if the signatures are verified. (snipped)

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Republicans hold no regard for the will of the people and repeatedly reject and overturn progressive legislation. Inhibiting disadvantaged people from participating by voting further strengthens their stranglehold on liberty and freedom. I'm puzzled how unsworn members of Congress were allowed to vote for the Speaker of the House; perhaps some more informed member here can explain this seeming injustice.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. That's sort of the way they handled alcohol. And there are still dry counties in Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. maybe there is just more to this world than what the youth needs and think they can demand
    i smoke and grow, do i want legilization , NOPE
    with it comes all the carpet baggers as you see in other states

5. Down South,,, when I was growing up,,, it was the bootleggers and preachers who most often joined forces to prevent the legalization of alcohol sales in some backwards counties; bootleggers would lose customers, and the offering plates on Sundays wouldn’t be as large if folk spent part of their meager paychecks on the cheaper legal booze…

Seems to me that those who sell medical marijuana and hemp THC would lose money where cannabis becomes mainstream legal,,, not to mention the local purveyors of illegal weed would see increasingly diminished returns on their investments…

Texas is not a favorite state anyway,,, the youngest two of my children were born whilst I lived there,,, sure have been pleased enough to never return to it…

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I saw that, Granny!! I hope it keeps spreading. Hopefully northeast to Indiana. If Indiana goes green, the rest of the nation will. And I'm trying my best to make it happen. I have never donated so much money before to a cause that I'm so passionate about. Cannabis makes the world go around. And if the world leaders would just sit down together and share a bong there will be peace in the world tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 'Will of the people'? If that were true, 'the people' would elect state legislators who would vote FOR marijuana reform. So don't blame it on republicans, blame it on people not getting off their asses and vote.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I think, I'm not 100% positive, that Duft is a Republican. Nobody's perfect, but the man has a point.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Actually I'm a card carrying Libertarian, I dislike government involvement in our lives but I get tired of people beating up on the right constantly without knowing exactly what's happening. I do, at times, stand up for the left also.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just because it's a Republican idea, doesn't mean it's wrong. They are right about one thing we need to curb our spending and get some new revenue going. Like a cannabis market. I mean it's an untapped market! It's eco-friendly and cannabis never cause any overdose deaths. I know not all Republicans are against cannabis and some GOP senators are against it not because of the safety of it, but because it competes with other markets. And Sen. Damon Thayer of KY is a distillery owner and Pfizer Pharmaceutical Co. is a donor to his campaign. And he is against legalization. I wonder why? But he did say that if the people of Kentucky don't like what he's doing, "They can take it out on me the next election." I hope they do.

11. I absolutely agree, whether your left, right, or in the middle, if the congressmen and senators don't do what the people want, they should lose their jobs. At this point of politics though it doesn't matter what they think, only if they have an R or D behind their name. My candidates almost always lose because they are third party, I may feel like I'm getting screwed but at least I'm not part of the problem because of who I vote for.

12. I like Bernie Sanders. He is for the people and he tells it like it is. When I turned 18 and registered to vote. I registered as a Democrat but in the Presidential election of 1980, I voted Independent. The next time around, I voted Democrat.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I supported Bernie in the primaries because he was honest enough on weed to put the issue right out front and he didn’t act like he was lost when legal pot came up in the debates.

14. Trust me, the cannabis industry is FAR fro being eco friendly. I’ll just start with packaging. It’s absolutely insane, mountains is single use packages and ridiculous glass jars are generated and sent to landfills.
    I could go on… and on. :thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. That thought went through my mind when I started seeing those disposable pens. I've been looking for a pen that I could buy and extra carts to refill. Something that I could buy the bulk size jar of Delta 8 and refill every time I need to. I figured that will last me a long time. I live in Indy so D8 and CBD are the only things legal here. I discovered by accident that it helps my arthritis. I was just using D8 to get high but a couple of months into it, my hands and shoulder didn't hurt as much. I guess hemp is just as good as cannabis.

16. That's good. I think some politicians don't know anything about cannabis, hemp, and the difference between the two and that's why they are against it. Sen. Mitch McConnell was born in 1942, I think, so that is 10 years after Reefer Madness. He witnessed the Korean and Vietnam wars. And was probably a devote Republican by the time he saw President Nixon speak out against cannabis and definitely influenced by Reagan's war on drugs. He ran for Kentucky state senator for the first time in 1984. And has been senator since then, too long in my opinion. So he is a left over fossil from the Reagan days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I recently purchased some SPRK ceramic refillable carts and really like them ... I've got as mix of D8, HHC, and THC-0 that I mix in varying amounts for differing effects ... HHC and THC-o is not as harsh as D8 in the vape .
    pckt brand also has hybrid metal , ceramic carts too . I'm going to try a few of those next time I order

18. I’ve been wanting to learn that but founds these disposables and that 8 flower that I like. Read around and you’ll find a lot of people shitting on d8 flower. Probably folks who have spent decades trying drugs but got old and started reading drug fears on FB. I’m ready to get back into the “I’ll do my drugs, you do yours” days.

19. D8 is a naturally occurring metabolite of cannabis plant . it is just not in large quantities in the plant . most of the alternative cananbinoids are that , they are metabolites of cannabis just not made in large amounts , more like minor forms