More talk on decrim.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Monkeykungfu, Mar 21, 2009.

1. #1 Monkeykungfu, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    Sorry if this has already been posted so far. I thought it was a interesting article on recent decrim. news on CNN's site, no less. A lot of it we've heard before, but some new points here & there.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/20/border.drugs.options/index.html

2. I hadnt read this yet. Thanks! Semi-Good news. As long as it stays in peoples mind, stays in the public, their is no way we can loose. As long as people keep talking about it, I believe legalization is inevitable.

And he hit the nail on the head at the end. THE BIGGEST PROBLEM in my opinion

"We're going to see the violence in Mexico go down, but the issue of decriminalization needs to be put out there as an option. The problem is, once you mention the idea, you face the possibility of character assassination."

3. Decrim will do nothing to stop the violence regarding mexican drug cartels. Legalization will, however.

4. Actually, decriminalization would lower the street price because it would greatly lower the hazard cost of supplying, meaning the cartels would have an immediate income spiral heading down at a rapid pace. It would sap their funding BIG time. And while I would like to see complete legalization just like the rest of you, decriminalization is certainly a BIG step in the right direction. You have to crawl before you walk, right?