More severe weather than usual?

Discussion in 'General' started by DutchX5, Aug 25, 2011.

1. In the past few years there have been a lot of global catastrophes... hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis, earthquakes, etc.

I've never ever been a believer in the world ending in 2012, but it seems like bad timing for all these natural disasters to be piling up in such a short time frame leading up to 2012. And that's not even mentioning the global economic collapse that we're going through.

So do you think there's anything to worry about? Or just a coincidence?

2. When shit starts to happen here in Canada, that's when we know the world will end. Seriously, whens the last time this place had a natural disaster? A hurricane would be a sign of the apocalypse.

3. Lol the world isnt supposed to end, the world as we know it is supposed to change. Doesnt mean we all die in anyway.... But, who knows whats up with all the shit going on lol....

4. Are there actually more natural disasters than in the past or is the news just faster and more accurate? With twitter and such, the world instantly knows when there's an earthquake or something devastating. Twitter isn't that old. We used to have to wait months for a ship to travel with the news. I'm not so sure we're not just making a big deal out of natural events that normally take place like they currently are.

5. The earth has always has extreme weather.

Look back in history. Its extremely common.

6. Yeah that's sort of what I was thinking. But hopefully it won't be severe weather as in the ice age/whatever happened to the dinosaurs.

7. This is the era of paranoia

No the world isn't ending, it's called "weather"

There are natural disasters every year....all over the world. This has been happening for billions of years

8. [​IMG]

9. Lol yea, earths been through some shit... this is a "stable" situation hahahahahaha

Could you imagine earth after it was formed, with liquid water, but before we had much climate control, just enough heat to keep liquid water and moving gasses... i bet there were gusts of winds into the 200 mph range on a frequent basis, violent ice storms all over, fucking tsunamis due to massive volcanic activity leading to massive underwater quakes and shit..... Im sure flooding was a regular occurrence..... lol shit would have been pretty brutal

10. HUH?

I thought God created earth,.... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

:D

11. #11 Verdurous, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Maybe God created the things that created Earth, but I think there's plenty of evidence showing the earth formed naturally over time.

12. I was kidding. :D

What evidence though?

Just out of curiosity...

I honestly have no idea how the earth got to to be where it is today. Its all a big mystery to me. And Im not afraid to admit it. :D

13. #13 Verdurous, Aug 25, 2011
    Just google formation of the earth or something. Didn't you learn about this in science at school? lol

14. Geologic evidence.

15. read, and enjoy

Nebular hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

16. Sure. I also learned that Christopher Columbus discovered America.

U wont believe how bad of a day I had when I realized it was all just bullshit. :D

17. Lol the wiki article i posted pertains to how solar systems are formed, not just earth, because earths formation required a large series of events to happen which formed the sun, and it went from there lol....

18. astronomy is some mind blowing shit

19. #19 Verdurous, Aug 25, 2011
    You did? I'm sorry. I got a pretty in depth education about the age of discovery. I went to a good school, though.

20. I don't think it's that there are more, but that we can monitor more of what happens around the world.