Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

More nugs or less nugs in a jar?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pawpcorn, Dec 26, 2011.

1. So does have a lot of weed or a little bit of weed in a mason jar effect preservation? If there is more bud does less air come in, if there is less bud does more air come in?

2. lol doesnt matter

3. Mason jars should be airtight so there shouldn't be any air coming in. As long as your bud's not wet/moist you should be good to pack as little or as much as you can fit in there. Personally, I fill my stash jars till they're full, but not cramming/compacting buds.

Good Growing and Happy Toking!

4. It does matter. Buds will dry out quicker if they are stored in larger containers with more air, so if the buds are put in smaller jars and are packed closer together, less moisture will be lost. This is because the humidity will equilibrate between the air and the plant matter, and obviously if there is more plant matter vs air, more moisture will be retained in the buds because less water will be drawn out into the air to make it as humidified as the buds.

5. more thought or less thought about nugs in jar?

less

6. Moar nuggz

edit: aw man you can't all caps?

7. [quote name='"ihugtrees"']more thought or less thought about nugs in jar?

less[/quote]

Truth

8. fill it full, less air in it means the bud will stay better. jars dont really leak air but there is already air in it. less air the better, but it is pretty marginal.

9. And you really think it will make any noticable difference when it is smoked...

10. I generally start my cure in jars 1/2 full, burp daily until they reach the moisture level that I like to smoke, and then I combine the jar contents so each jar is full but not packed in. Keeps great for a long time.

• Like Like x 1

11. Yep. It certainly does.