More Mods?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by WildWill, Sep 2, 2009.

1. On a board this size, it's really disheartening to look at the "View Forum Leaders Now" button and not be able to find a single moderator on line during peak time periods. I dunno, maybe you all are in invisible mode, but often times there are issues that arise and a moderator's attention is needed immediately.

Please give a thought to hiring more mods, and making sure that at least ONE moderator is online at any given time. I know that moderators have lives, I've spent an awful lot of time moderating other message boards, and I know the pain in the ass that the job truly is, BUT for a board to function, moderation is a necessity, and one troll can ruin an entire board if unchecked for too long.

Thanks for listening.

Example: I have a user harassing me non-stop at the moment, I've reported his posts, but I cannot find an active moderator right now to go to. I'd really like to be able to do so.

2. I believe they stay invisible so they dont get inundated with PMs:)

3. If you'd read the stickies you'd know that the admins are getting ready to add more mods. Try PMing RMJL or one of the super mods over your harassment issue.

One of the aforementioned stickies.

http://forum.grasscity.com/general/...cently-sent-me-pm-volunteering-moderator.html

4. Yes, I'm well aware they're adding new mods, this thread is an impetius to add even MORE mods, or at least get the ones they have to be more active.

And yes, I've read the stickies. Many, many times.

5. I agree somewhat, this is a pretty big forum, and you can't expect a handful of people to keep it 100% clean.

I've volunteered but I read the sticky again (i cant find the same sticky) and it said something about needing to be here like 6 months so I'll apply next year lol. (or whenever they do more hiring)

Plus with that recent crap they're probably very picky on who they choose.

6. will,

most of us are in invisible mode.. and some of us are here so much we couldn't possibly more active. christ i have almost 12k posts ffs :)

with all due respect.. and you know i'm a fan of yours.. the post you reported (which i assume is the issue here) was taken care of within minutes. possibly before this thread was even made.

rummy is bringing more mods in.. but as her sticky says, there are some issues delaying that right now.

all the best man.. you rock!

7. Appreciated and understood. Thanks!

8. np man.. and i do agree we need more mods and i'm confident when it's all said and done it'll be a kick ass crew!

peace brotha.

9. I applied for a moderating position as well. Anything to get the city back to the way it was when I joined, while still allowing new members to join man. I'm on here throughout the day, a lot, every day. I constantly catch things that should be taken care of but hasnt been and wont be for a while. But, I gotta admit, we have a huge forum and we've got some mad ass mods and admins, rare on forums.

10. I would also like to thank the staff for such a great job and being actually active and keeping the trolling down for the most part.

Hopfully some well deserved people become mods, and i am sure it going down that way anyways.

-BH