More mods/forum guides?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Royksopp, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. School is almost out. Plus, I've noticed lately that it takes the team a little longer than usual to take care of reported posts and some other issues I've tried talking to mods about. I know you guys are busy and have lives outside of GC, but I think you guys need some more mods...especially now in the summer. Just a suggestion. :wave:

2. The summer users are what gives this place it's spice. I say we keep things the way they are. Mods are doing fine work as far as I'm concerned.

3. Maybe it's just me then, they've taken a while to respond to some stuff and well the reported posts sometimes take a while to get resolved. I don't think adding a few more mods would hurt.

4. We either need more, or the ones we have need to be on more

5. I agree with Royk and Mushroom, took a thread until 13+ pages or so to ban a fifteen year old, but I totally respect and understand that mods have lives. For this reason, though, maybe giving them some help wouldn't hurt.

6. Yeah but like I said, they have lives outside of GC which is totally understandable. This is a huge forum and getting bigger by the day. We all know what happens when school is out, so I think they should recruit some people :p

7. I'm not sure what the plans are for that, but I hope we'll be able to add a few more before summer starts.

We just added two new mods not that long ago, so it's not something we've forgotten about. :smoking:

8. Agreed, and add a banner for new members telling them to use the search function and an overview of the rules that pops up right when you register! That you must click to close, I've seen it on other vB. :smoke:

9. I agree,a lot of things are taking way too long to be dealt with and others with doubts or questions aren't getting an answer soon enough.

I could be forum guide, my timings are completely off.

10. hey i'll be a mod no problem just tell me when i start.

11. Hahahahah you have my vote, i think it would be cool if the mods pick like a few nominees and let us do the voting.

12. it's a vacation and holiday week..

cut them some slack..

13. #13 .AcidTrip., Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    You made me feel like an ass, thanks august :cool:
    I'm with the mods and always appreciated the work they do.

14. that would be cool.. really like that idea.

15. sorry man.. wasn't my intention..

i just know from being a mod in the past, thet shit gets backed up sometimes.. but it always sorts itself out.
    they can't just add mods.. there's a lot that goes into the decision process.. This is a weed growing forum, and it takes a special trust and some serious research before they can just add new moderators

16. That's true and it's a big responsibility.

17. Ive always just ignored most of the dumb kids and rule violaters and just move on without addressing it but Ive had it. Im gonna just start reporting my balls off and whackin people with the neg rep stick more often. Time to help clean this city up a bit.

18. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm on it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.